'02 Accord In-dash CD player ERR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matsushita (now Panasonic) model 39100-S84-A300
Ref # CQ-EH1061Z

The OEM 6-disc in-dash CD player has stopped working with code ERR & now won't recognize that there are CDs in the changer. Nothing happens when I push the CD player button.

I think that the the load/eject gear assembly needs to be replaced & could be p/n SERYGFW062461D.

Would that be a likely diagnosis? If so, where would I get replacement parts?

Thanks.

I'm not sure if they do Honda, but Mazda and Ford use a company out of Syracuse called United Radio for their radio servicing. They either send a replacement exchange unit, or you send yours in for repair. Not sure if they deal with the public, so you might have to go through a dealer.

Or else I bet if you looked on ebay someone will be selling a replacement assembly.

I just replaced the 6 disk changer in 02 Camry SE. Same make, Panasonic, same exact symptoms as yours. I first tried to fix it, it's very complex and delicate, couldn't do it, looked at all online fixes too, no go. So I found one on ebay exactly the same from a car with 59k miles. $115 shipped, it's in, looks like new, and daughter is happy I fix her car for her for free. Sometimes they are less than that, sometimes more but there are enough around to keep the price down. The changer models are more rare and probably break down more. After seeing the assembly inside I can see why.

Yard?
You could probably get them down to a little bit of nothing for the whole unit.
I'm suggesting this because these things seem to hold up pretty well in use. The in-dash unit of my '02 Accord works fine, although I'm not sure how many CDs you can load at a time.
The remote (trunk) unit on our '97 Accord was still working fine when we sold the car in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back