GMSTU Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used gumout multi system in the car today. Added whole can to cold oil and let sit overnight. Oil went from light brown to black in 50 miles.

Hmmm! First time I used the GMSTU was last April 2014 in FL on vacation when there was a promo price and the product was first being introduced.

I didn't realize that this can be added straight to the oil and only thought it was for the gas tank or fuel rail cleaning!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby

I didn't realize that this can be added straight to the oil and only thought it was for the gas tank or fuel rail cleaning!

Me too.

Says on the can: add to oil, add can to crankcase and drive 5-10 minutes to mix completely.

Ill leave it in there for the rest of the oci...

Car runs same, I drive the same style those 50 miles, oil got darker, make your own as"sump"tions.

Well, it's been stated many times, many, many times, that color doesn't mean anything.

If it runs the same as it did before, then...........

Honestly, I'd still run a shorter OCI if adding something like the product in the OP or Seafoam, etc. Even MMO was known for it's burn off effect over the course of an OCI when used to 'replace 1 quart' and you'd have to add back whatever flashed off at some point during the interval.

If using an idle flush, or something that requires 'some' driving I don't see the point in going too long. Whatever it might clean, it's not going to clean any further and you may overload the current fill towards it's capability to suspend since the purpose is a shorter-cleaning interval.

IIRC, Seafoam used to state a max of 500 miles of driving if you added to the crankcase. So, regardless if he didn't drain right away I'd still change the oil after a couple fill ups. The number may be 1,000 miles.

If it's got that much of a "flash rate", then what it diluted/cleaned might be re-deposited when that "flash rate" completes. Making it worse to get off the second time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back