Boring NASCAR Sprintcup All Star Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars are too equal for a 1.5 mile track. Richmond would be a lot better. OR.......
If keeping it at Charlotte I would suggest the following...
1. Any compression ratio in the engine.
2. Any angle on rear spoiler.
3. Any rear gear ratio.
Put some "Hot Rod" back into the cars for one race.

It would be cool if they allowed some more freedom in the All Star race.

As far as location, it is good for the teams being in Charlotte. It would be cool to have it at a track they don't normally run at like Rockingham or even a road course like COTA or even at the Long Beach GP circuit.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
Cars are too equal for a 1.5 mile track. Richmond would be a lot better. OR.......
If keeping it at Charlotte I would suggest the following...
1. Any compression ratio in the engine.
2. Any angle on rear spoiler.
3. Any rear gear ratio.
Put some "Hot Rod" back into the cars for one race.

I agree. Open up the restrictor plate and let them go for it!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I agree. Open up the restrictor plate and let them go for it!

No question about it. Restrictor plates have been one of the biggest detriments to NASCAR racing.

Except they don't run a restrictor plate at Charlotte. They only run plates at Daytona and Talladega. Plates were run in New Hampshire once due to throttles sticking and some accidents for one race only.

I didn't see the all star race but from what I heard and read, it was pretty boring. That doesn't make this weekends 600 mile race sound very entertaining does it?

Originally Posted By: morepwr
I didn't see the all star race but from what I heard and read, it was pretty boring. That doesn't make this weekends 600 mile race sound very entertaining does it?

No but I am still getting up at 0430 to watch Monaco, then Indy, then the 600. Have just enough time in between the 500 and 600 to get in a quick nap and get some food.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
It would be cool if they allowed some more freedom in the All Star race.

As far as location, it is good for the teams being in Charlotte. It would be cool to have it at a track they don't normally run at like Rockingham or even a road course like COTA or even at the Long Beach GP circuit.
A NASCAR road course would be cool.

I have been thinking on what would be a cool "outside the box" type race that NASCAR could do. What I thought of was having an "enduro" race like the V8 Supercars do. Have it at COTA and require one or two other drivers from different disciplines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back