diesel fuel additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done some searching and have not found anything useful. What is the best all around fuel additive for diesel fuel.

We've been quite happy with Howes Meaner Power Kleaner. Does everything we need, including a good dose of lubricity. Although it's been a tough winter, we just "double dosed" and had NO failure incidents.

The best was rotella dfa, long extinct.

Tcw-3, power service, howes, FP, Lucas all work.

I live in PA where 2% biodiesel is mandated and this helps in a major way with lubricating the HPFP and injectors on my two VW diesels. I always use Power Service Gray Bottle in the warmer months and always use Power Service White Bottle in the winter months. It is easy to get; most Wal Marts and parts stores carry it. Gray bottle stuff gives cleaning capability and about a 6 point cetane increase. The white keeps fuel from gelling in the cold and offers about a 3 point cetane increase to help with starts in the winter. Both contain a lubricity additive.

I have always used the John Deere diesel fuel additive. Its a Stanadyne product which is the most well respected name in the fuel additive business. I use the Deere labeled product out of convienence as I can buy it locally.

We use Kleen Flo diesel fuel conditioner at work. Ever since we had the fuel freeze the other winter, the boss has starting buying this conditioner. Not a problem this past winter with fuel freezing.

I use Power Service silver bottle in the Ram (I have some NAPA antigel handy in case I get caught with some summer fuel in the tank in fall), and good old TCW-3 2 stroke in the Stanadyne IP'd IDIs. I keep them full of fuel, no problems.

Is Amsoil Diesel Concentrate any good. I have a few old bottles I need to give away if it's worth using.

I used to use Power service until I was recommended to use Howe's by a fuel supplier. I tried a bottle and it made my engine run smoother within the first 30 miles of use, I am sold!

Didn't use my usual dose of 2so last fill up, and noticed a new hum from the engine. Refilled and added my usual 2so dose and gone is the hum. Even if there's no other benefit, that alone is worth the extra 25 cents this treatment costs me per fill-up.

I believe I get slightly better mileage aswell, but that's harde to judge than the noise. Doesn't need to improve much to save 25 cents though, if the average fill up costs me 72 euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back