Ever have someone offer to buy your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever decide to sell, shoot me a PM!
grin.gif

It's hard to find one that old around here that isn't a pile of rust-I had to go to TN to find a rust free cab, doors, & doghouse for the '89 in my sig-& a 6.9/7.3 IDI is one of the easiest diesels there is to work on-even easier than a 6.2!

Yes, the previous owner of my Accord (didn't know him at the time) walked up to me at a local car wash and wanted to buy it back (he traded it in at the dealership I bought it at). I just said no.

I'd ask for an impossibly high price to convince him to leave.

Finding a truck of that age with a perfect interior would be extremely difficult, so I wouldn't accept anything near book value.

Because my Cavalier is in great shape for 11 years old (and rust free), I've gotten offers for it quite often.

Some just because, others for their kids....

Yep...my brother bugged me for about 3 months to buy my 91'Honda Crx- DX Auto 1.5 - , I had recently purchased it , I had no reason to sell it, it was in great shape, unmolested and stock. I finally gave in. He offered 3k and I bought it for 1800 - Looking back- I should of kept it.

I had several offers for my S2000, at shopping parking lot, at red light and even at my house while I was washing the car.

Don't plan to sell it unless Honda has a replacement in future.

Originally Posted By: korborh
Tell him you need $30000 for it.

LOL, that was kinda my thought. Wonder what the guy would do if you told him that was your price. (or even higher)

But parting with an excellent vehicle you love, have kept up and know all about....

My sig car gets regular offers. Not too many around like mine, always garaged and very pristinely original.

My old Healey replica frequently gets an offer at shows and meets, too...

Charger - Lots of "carvestors" come up to me to see if I'd part with it for cheap. Being a genuine R/T has probably made it worse. I keep a piece of paper over the VIN from too many people walking up to check it.

Caprice - Plenty of lucrative offers from people wanting to ship it to Haiti. They know it has a genuine small block Chevy, as opposed to the later LT1, which makes it even more attractive to them than the later models.

Roadmaster - Lower end Carvestors. LT1, Last year for the model, collector's edition, only estate wagon in the area with wood grain design, dash, headliner, paint, and leather seats 100% intact. Really like new in general. I received death threats on-site when I bought it, from another carvestor who missed out on buying it by only 7 minutes, after it being listed for almost 2 weeks. People think it's gift from an elder family member, and that I might let it go for cheap. Not happening.

Here is the truck that at least five people have tried to buy off me since I bought it in 2007. One person even left a business card under my wiper blade when I was parked at a junkyard getting some parts.

It's a 1 ton 98 silverado 4x4 that is pretty well loaded with 107,000 original miles on it with the 454/automatic drive train.

I have never had anyone try to buy the green 98 1/2 ton 4x4 in the back ground that I bought new and is in excellent shape with 130,000 miles on it.

Originally Posted By: wtd
Here is the truck that at least five people have tried to buy off me since I bought it in 2007. One person even left a business card under my wiper blade when I was parked at a junkyard getting some parts.

It's a 1 ton 98 silverado 4x4 that is pretty well loaded with 107,000 original miles on it with the 454/automatic drive train.

I have never had anyone try to buy the green 98 1/2 ton 4x4 in the back ground that I bought new and is in excellent shape with 130,000 miles on it.

That is a sharp truck. Very clean. I want to say its a K2500?

It seems somewhat rare. I want to say they have different springs, shocks and perhaps a beefier rear end with lower gearing.

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Tell him if he bothers you again, you'll ask the police to file harrasment charges.

What world do you live in where the police is the solution for this non existent problem?

Originally Posted By: ram_man
If its worth 3,000 tell him 6,000 is what you have to have. If he does it youll have enough to replace it and then some and if he says no thanks then the problem is solved.

So simple.........

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
Never happened to me. I do remember seeing a 1968-70 Charger sitting in a front yard with a "Not For Sale" sign.

Not a bad idea. Maybe I'll leave it in the window full time.

My 1990 NX Coupe is the biggest POS you've ever seen, it's going to the wrecker soon. A couple of kids walked up the drive when just my son was home, said they wanted to buy my car. I doubt it...casing the joint.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: wtd

That is a sharp truck. Very clean. I want to say its a K2500?

It seems somewhat rare. I want to say they have different springs, shocks and perhaps a beefier rear end with lower gearing.

Thank you. It is a K3500 and it has a full floating 14 bolt with 4.10 gears.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back