Indy 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a Penske or Ganassi win this year. As much as I want Charlie Kimball to win, Sage Karam has been showing a lot of speed in practice this week.

As far as the flying cars, Marshall Preutt had an awesome article yesterday on Racer.com explaining what happened in Castroneves' shunt yesterday.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
As far as the flying cars, Marshall Preutt had an awesome article yesterday on Racer.com explaining what happened in Castroneves' shunt yesterday.

The videos of that shunt were spectacular.

Josef Newgarden just crashed. Looked very similar to Helio's except he hit the wall with the front of the car, then it spun around and he went airborne. He looked pretty shaken, but physically ok. Hope they can get the car rebuilt in time. It didn't look like the tub itself was damaged, but the floor broke fairly significantly.

So far today Scott Dixon has the fastest time without the aid of a slipstream at 230.642MPH. I think that matters more than the speeds with a slipstream at least for qualifying.

He just upped it to 230.665 with no slipstream. Looks like with about 10 minutes left today Pippa made it out and Buddy Lazier is looking for speed.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Running in clear air is for qualifying. Running in traffic is for racing.

Exactly. I was paying more attention to the speeds without slipstream assistance for tomorrow's pole day. Bump day will not be as exciting on Sunday since only one car is getting bumped. Right now it looks like it will be either Pippa or Buddy Lazier getting bumped.

Qualifying is rained out for today. Shame as the weather was nice all week. Helio set a lap of 233.474 in morning warm-up. RHR and Dixon made qualifying runs before the rain, but their times have been DQ'd. Everything will be tomorrow, hope the weather cooperates, according to my iPhone, the next day without rain in the forecast is Tuesday.

Ed Carpenter flipped and IndyCar management stuck their head in the ground. As much as I want to love IndyCar, their management (not Derrick Walker but higher up) seems to do everything they can to shoot themselves in the foot on a consistent basis.

I fully agree with driver safety, but the idea of practicing all week at one power level, then cranking up boost and sending them out with little practice is just scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back