Re Post/ Old Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that I was able to upload pics of the issues on my 99 Accord.

I have paint peeling on rear bumper, some rust spots on passenger doors and a scrunched starboard prow bumper. Car has a few miles as well.

I have near none car knowledge, but will be learning a bit with this old car which is worth to me a lot more than the bluebook will get me if it were to get hurt. At the same time, will keep my mechanic off it as much as I can. Did get a timing belt job at 205, bought it with 202.

Thanks for looking and your comments.

Buyo

"Como dijo Mon...."one more time please",
I tried to post some pictures of the problem spots but did not know how. Your thougths on how to with the bumpers and rust are encouraged. If you'd like to comment on the oil, I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks, Buyo [/quote]

Odometer
2015-05-15_13-47-54_667.jpg

Rear Bumper Paint Peel
2015-05-15_13-47-07_704.jpg

Front Bumper Issue
2015-05-15_13-45-29_961.jpg

Passenger Side Doors
2015-05-15_13-45-07_63.jpg

Thanks again, Buyo

Let me correct one thing. Your Honda is not old. It's now crossed 200K miles which means it's officially broken in and ready for a long career as a daily driver.

I 15 and I 80. Reno or SLC, Laramie. I'll find out for sure. Good job keeping the Honda going. My cookies don't allow pictures lately. The cosmetic stuff is just patina and evidence of hardiness. If you are serious about keeping the car, put your efforts into making the car mechanically sound and then keeping ahead on maintenance. Also, I would consider a rehabbed driver's seat a priority. I did it with my first 528e that had 150 k on it. I added 200K whilst fixing it in the drive way with basic hand tools In 12 yrs, it always made it home under its own power..
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back