My First NFA Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 Tax stamp paid and approved.....in 77 days

10sbr.JPG

10mm SBR AR

RWM GG Bare Lower, custom parts kit, custom bolt, standard mil spec FA carrier, 11" barrel, YHM, Ergo, MOE RVG (OD, waiting on black), UTG PRO, DiamondHead Polymer sights.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

10sbr.JPG

10mm SBR AR

RWM GG Bare Lower, custom parts kit, custom bolt, standard mil spec FA carrier, 11" barrel, YHM, Ergo, MOE RVG (OD, waiting on black), UTG PRO, DiamondHead Polymer sights.
The fewer people who know you have one the better off you are. There was a time in Texas when one could buy a pistol at a flea market for cash, no questions asked.

10sbr.JPG

10mm SBR AR

Nice, 10 mm is next on my list,
Are you going to hunt with this?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The fewer people who know you have one the better off you are. There was a time in Texas when one could buy a pistol at a flea market for cash, no questions asked.

Better off how? You mean from thieves? I suppose people reading this think you have no guns. I guess I don't live in fear, and my security is multilayered. It used to be like that everywhere.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Very nice Pablo. I'm a big fan of the 10mm. I take it you reload?

Thanks! It's been a fun challenging build. Yes I do.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
10mm AR style?? What a waste of money.

Yes, AR "style", AR-15's come in many calibers. Why is 10mm AR a "waste of money"?

Originally Posted By: stockrex

Thanks! 10mm what? I have a few 10mm pistols, needed a carbine. Not a huge choice in the market. Probably not, but I could I guess.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Is that an NFA firearm because of the barrel length or is it select fire?
A short barrel rifle (SBR) is an NFA firearm regardless if it is select fire or not. It would also be an NFA firearm if select fire and not short barreled.

PS...nice one Pablo!

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Is that an NFA firearm because of the barrel length or is it select fire?
A short barrel rifle (SBR) is an NFA firearm regardless if it is select fire or not. It would also be an NFA firearm if select fire and not short barreled.

PS...nice one Pablo!
Ah ok, I wasn't sure how that worked. Some of the rules down there regarding that seem odd to me up here. We can have short barreled rifles up here, as short as you want and they just fall under the restricted classification. We can also own 40mm grenade launchers without restrictions of any kind, but they are very expensive to buy.

Very cool.

Been building a few AR's myself.
All in .223/5.56 for the time being.

I have a store near where I live that specializes in NFA items.
They have me thinking about a shorty with a can.

It's free to dream about having money to blow.

Better off how? You mean from thieves? I suppose people reading this think you have no guns. I guess I don't live in fear, and my security is multilayered. It used to be like that everywhere.

Yes, AR "style", AR-15's come in many calibers. Why is 10mm AR a "waste of money"?

Thanks! 10mm what? I have a few 10mm pistols, needed a carbine. Not a huge choice in the market. Probably not, but I could I guess.
There's always the chance with leftists and RINOS lurking that we end up like Canada or OZ, or the UK.

You can still do that in Ohio. Private citizen sales are everywhere. Although the liberals still want to close that "loophole" as they call it. But I always document all purchases from private citizens. You are just too used to the libs in Mass.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doog
You can still do that in Ohio. Private citizen sales are everywhere. Although the liberals still want to close that "loophole" as they call it. But I always document all purchases from private citizens. You are just too used to the libs in Mass.
You still can in Texas too (likely in some/most of the states--except the usual suspects), but only an idiot sells a firearm to someone without obtaining identification/documentation of the sale.

glock 10mm maybe a 22c, if I can find one, and get an extended hunding barrel and get that ported too,
I bought case of 10mm bullets even though I don't have firearm in that caliber :).
gotta reload some of them for carrying while out Elk hunting in CO.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: Doog
You still can in Texas too (likely in some/most of the states--except the usual suspects), but only an idiot sells a firearm to someone without obtaining identification/documentation of the sale.

how did we get from 10mm to id check for firearms sales, gosh,
in MI only pistol sales are regulated.
But the fine police here still have not told us how an ex-felon who had been in federal prison obtained a handgun and killed 5 people.

What would the effective range of this beast be? I am jealous, of course. Care to give us a ballpark of the cost? [Assuming that your better half doesn't read this board]

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2cool
What would the effective range of this beast be? I am jealous, of course. Care to give us a ballpark of the cost? [Assuming that your better half doesn't read this board]

I shoot steel with my Glock 20L at 200 yards. So this should be more fun and easy, especially the near full sight radius and rifle hold.

The tax stamp is $200. The upper and lower $1100 and one magazine. Scored 3 more magazines for low $. Just bought a MFT Minimalist stock for $50. Sights were $100 (IIRC) RVG $20. Knurled thread protector $20. POF Trigger $125 Just south of $1700 or so. Wife doesn't care. I own two businesses and work a real job. My wife knows therapy when she sees it!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back