What's so special about Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I became a dealer strictly to use the products in 1995. The product line was very comprehensive. Now it's even more impressive than it was then. I signed up after seeing I could buy compressor oils and niche products like that. This was before the internet. I had sent for all the major company data sheets from the big oil companies, and smaller ones like Redline etc. I just like

I believe in the products very much. I tried testing with other synthetic oils in the 80s. I liked Amsoil the best. Not the cheapest, but a very good value on the back end. I will admit I was very hesitant on the MLM aspect. Am I glad I signed up back then anyway, Yes............

It would be great, and, I'd say, far more productive for those new to these topics, if one of these discussions could be had without such words as COST, WALMART and MLM. It was the oil that was asked about, not its price.

My 2c: Amsoil is a solid product. I care NOT about the certification comparisons and would put Amsoil in my engine before anything off the walmart shelf, any day of the week.
(I used to only use Amsoil and stopped for some strange reason. Im going back to it, there'll be some Sig. Series in there very soon.)

Originally Posted By: buster
http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g3320.pdf

This is impressive.

Thank you!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SnowDrifter
TBH I haven't had much luck with Amsoil products. Put it in the transmission and it whined, put it in my friend's transmission and it leaks, put it in my friend's volvo 740 and it won't stop ticking, and it leaks. Put it in my friend's beemer and it leaks. Put it in my car and it's tough to get into gear until the trans warms up. Put it in another one of my cars and the piston slap is a noisy bugger.

I'm sure it has it's place, I just haven't had much luck with it

Try Redline MTL in your tranny (it's been the go-to for Beemer gear boxes for a l-o-n-g time). It'll shift quick and easy, even cold
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

Just because amsoil isn't marketed the same doesn't mean anything, and I see no real proof that it increases cost much. Even SS is no more expensive than any other synthetics bought in quarts at parts houses.

But one must factor the shipping cost as part of the equation. Most folks do not live within a short distance of a Amsoil DC. At least when I order up the Schaeffer Oil, which is the brand I use most, they ship it to my house for free. Now that is at or below WW pricing on the shelf and I don't have to drive to town to get the Schaeffer. And because I am a volume user, I get the Schaeffer at wholesale pricing. Darn good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back