Fluid film versus Boeshield T-9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two very different products which can fulfill similar roles. I use both a lot and like them. T9 is primarily a wax in a solvent carrier which dries to a tacky film. FF is a viscous liquid which remains fluid and thus creeps and penetrates over time which also means it soaks up dirt/dust.

What are you using it for?

I contacted Boeshield and they said it was originally used on the inside of the wings and on the landing gear.

For uses? I am about finished with my half of a gallon of wd-40. That should tell you mostly what it is for.

But more specifically, id like to spray it on the frame of my truck. Are steel frames typically powdercoated? Its not rusted so i assume the frame isnt bare metal. Also, a general purposes for coated various metals, tools, chains, garden tools and the like.

I am trying to treat metal and metal's various coatings so they will lustre and last and survive time and weather And neglect.

Thank you, I'm here all day!

for under carriage FF is very popular, and for good reason. not saying t9 wouldn't work but it will take a while to dry/cure, especially if there is any pooling and will be very susceptible to washout during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back