3000lb Superwinch, Sportsman 850, $162 Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a 3000lb Superwinch and KFI winch mount via Amazon prime for 162 bucks. It was a pretty easy install except for mounting the circuit breaker which has exposed terminals. I slipped it into a 2" vinyl hose and zip tied it to the frame.

Haven't done a self recovery yet but did pull out a Jeep and my buddy's Suzy KingQuad, so far so good.

Is that the LT3000? Great winch!!
I bought one of those in 2012 from Amazon. It was a "lightning deal", paid $88 for it. I also found an discounted, open-box warn mount for $45. My only complaint was the paint began to peel/ flake off of the motor due to rust under the finish. I removed the motor leaving the winch mounted and repainted it.
I have a Warn RT30 on another quad that cost more than twice what I paid for the superwinch and mount. The superwinch is a little louder but pulls just as well.
That exposed metal breaker looked like more of a potential problem than a safety measure so I left it off.
No problems to date. My brother took advantage of the deal as well, I don't beleive he's had any trouble with his winch either.

Last edited:
It is the LT3000. I was looking at the Terra 25 and Terra 35 but the price sent me looking else where. And Warn, didn't even consider them way out of my league.

I just bought the Superwinch LT 2,500 from cabellas with 12 foot wrired remote and handle bar toggle for $89 on sale reg $170.00 ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back