Quaker Vs Pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use either one without hesitation, but find a little less consumption with QS.
smile.gif

Flip a coin. I have QSGB 5w20 from my stash in the 11' Focus at the time and it's quieter sounding compared to the Mobil 0w20 that was in it

Under normal circumstances, I can't imagine you or your engine would really know the difference. Differences, on paper? Yes. Does it translate into quantifiable differences? Doubtful.

QSQB claims less wear,PYB claims more cleaning. What in the oil's makeup would make that so? Or is it just marketing?

Last time I used QuakerState I lost a quart of oil before time to change. I do 5k oil changes which take me upwards of 9 months. Quart loss was at the 3500 mile mark so I changed it. No other oil I use lost any oil. I just dumped Pennzoil Syn. Blend Dexos at the 4500 mark and was still full on stick.

From what I've read on here, Pennzoil is good for cleaning while QS is more for anti-wear. Both great oils, nonetheless.

Last edited:
Both will be similar, as others have said QS markets their anti-wear properties while Pennzoil markets their cleaning properties. Use either and win IMHO.

They're essentially interchangeable, at least in my view. While it is claimed they aren't the same oil (confirmed by Johnny, and I do believe him), QSGB, PYB, and Formula Shell show up in PQIA testing as indistinguishable outside of measurement error. I have no problem with any of those oils, and used a lot of QSGB over the years, and PYB fairly recently in my G37.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Screw it! FRANKENBREW IT!! Half & half!!!!!!!!!!
I have Pennzoil, QSGB, and Formula Shell in my stash. Should I get really crazy and mix all three?
happy2.gif
19.gif

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Screw it! FRANKENBREW IT!! Half & half!!!!!!!!!!
I have Pennzoil, QSGB, and Formula Shell in my stash. Should I get really crazy and mix all three?
happy2.gif
19.gif

DO IT!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Marco620
QSUD 5w30 or Pennzoil Ultra 5w30. Conventional QSGB or PYB

According to Pennzoil's Q&A on this website, the PurePlus base oil is only used in PP and PUP. So in synthetics the Pennzoil product would be a better quality base oil.

PP and QSUD appear to have similar add packs, PUP has a stronger add pack according to the VOA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back