using techron-gumout and similar through vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to what people use seafoam for, could using a pea based fuel system cleaner (techron, gum out, redline, through a vacuum line potentially be better than seafoam, basically bypassing the fuel tank dilution, or do pea based cleaners need soaking time Thoughts?

Last edited:
Remember that introducing any liquid into a dry manifold design virtually guarantees uneven distribution and puddling.

Most of the products you mention are highly concentrated and need to be diluted in fuel as well, they are not intended for undiluted direct application IMO...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Remember that introducing any liquid into a dry manifold design virtually guarantees uneven distribution and puddling.

Most of the products you mention are highly concentrated and need to be diluted in fuel as well, they are not intended for undiluted direct application IMO...
true, in my prior Nissans, (maxima, sentra) any liquid seemed to pool where as my Toyota doesn't seem to, maybe I should stop obsessing and leave the intake system to straight air, like it was designed!

The 3m fuel kit has an aerosol that you feed to the intake. The spiel says the spray cleans intake manifolds, valves and combustion chambers
while
the fuel additive cleans injectors, intake valves and combustion chambers.

Btw $40 at amazon -10instant coupon -10mir=$20

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zach1900
Similar to what people use seafoam for, could using a pea based fuel system cleaner (techron, gum out, redline, through a vacuum line potentially be better than seafoam, basically bypassing the fuel tank dilution, or do pea based cleaners need soaking time Thoughts?

Do you have an overabundance of mosquitoes in your neighborhood?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back