Stihl Zama Carb in FS 55 trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Father in Law gave me a FS 55 that he cant keep running.

It would run for about 10 seconds after a combo of priming and choking but that was about it.

I have never taken one apart so it was a bit of a learning curve.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-14%20at%209.06.17%20AM.png

One thing is for sure... those passages are SMALL... My go to carb jet cleaner is a BBQ brush bristle. When I was trying to push it in those tiny little jets I first thought that the bristle was too large but it eventually got through.
Screen%20Shot%202015-05-14%20at%208.59.24%20AM.png

also in the fuel tank i heard some rattling
this was off... and just bouncing around
FUEL-FILTER-FITS-STIHL-TS410-FS400-FS450-FS38.jpg

but had been replaced with this type of filter....?
mMtD6wlgulxbRVl3OUFFy8Q.jpg

anyways felt pretty good, free trimmer + 45mins of my time. Is there any place to lube the drive on these? seems a little loud

yeh just a lil carb cleaner and the bbq bristles,

also there was no spark arrestor in the exhaust, not sure if that matters?

Last edited:
Great work!

Regarding lube points, I am not familiar with that model, but most of them are similar. You can remove the gear head (#1) and pull the drive shaft out (#25). Lube both ends of the drive shaft and the entire shaft itself. There should be a removable hex port (#11) on the gear head(#1) to shoot grease into.
FS120R_2.gif

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Is there any place to lube the drive on these? seems a little loud

Screw #11 is the only place where you have to add grease from time to time. I replaced the screw on my trimmer with a zerk fitting for convenience. Half a pump with the grease gun and you are good to go for 2-3 month worth of grass trimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back