Hydraulic mixing question in newer compact tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a yanmar ex2900 that currently has wolfs head ht in it from the dealer. It's hydrostatic. The dipstick is telling me to add fluid. I can't find it by the quart anywhere. Is it ok to add a quart or so of something else like the traveller premium fluid or do I really need to buy another 5gal pail of the ht? I currently have the traveller here so that's the preferred option. How much cushion is built into these dipsticks? A mechanic at the dealership indicated I would most likely be ok to leave it at the current level. Thx

If dipsticks are between full and add, you are OK.

It's just that none of us likes being there.

Another tractor fluid should be compatible, but ideally use the same...except if you don't want 5gal.

Depends on the requirements of your tractor. The Wolf's Head meets the low viscosity specs like John Deere J20D and Kubota Super UDT, where the Traveller does not. Neither one seems to indicate whether or not they meet Yanmar's specs. If it doesn't require the low viscosity fluid, then any UTF including the Traveller should be fine. If it does require low viscosity fluid, stick with the Wolf's Head, or get the OEM fluid or maybe some Low Viscosity Hy-Gard from a John Deere dealer, which I know for a fact they sell in quarts.

Thanks. The yanmar spec is essentially calling for 303/j20a fluid which is an old spec. It actually says j20a on the tf500 fluid through my research. Nonetheless sorta outdated. My bucket of wolfs says j20c only but I think I got an older one. May switch out for j20d this spring anyway as I'm in the north

I have a Yanmar 324 that requires TF 500. My dealer charges $17 a gallon for it. I am looking for an affordable option.
Any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back