Cooper CS5 Review- 195/60/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even close in size (235/55/18) but I just got a set of these put on last week.

So far I agree, very nice tire. Quiet, comfortable and no concerns about handling. I have yet to get them wet which is where my biggest concern was with the old tires. Michelin HX MXMV 4s with 4-5/32 were absolutely scary in standing water, honestly they were even before they got that low.

The also look better than the Michelins did!

Michelin HX MXMV 4s is that bad on wet roads ? Kumho Ecsta 4X on my S2000 and E430 was very good on very wet highway, even when tread life was slightly more than 3/32" but less than 4/32". I could drive above 70-75 MPH with fairly heavy rain in So Cal few months ago, which was very rare occasion.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Michelin HX MXMV 4s is that bad on wet roads ? Kumho Ecsta 4X on my S2000 and E430 was very good on very wet highway, even when tread life was slightly more than 3/32" but less than 4/32". I could drive above 70-75 MPH with fairly heavy rain in So Cal few months ago, which was very rare occasion.

Yep....Let me clarify here, they were HX MXM4, not sure why I added the V? Wet traction was not great from a stand still, wet handling wasn't terrible, although I never pushed them hard, hydroplane resistance, well lets say there was none. I swear an 1/8" of water would float the front end at speed.

I have a set of CS5 Ultra touring on my 2006 Camry LE (4 cyl). Installed in January so I have a few thousand miles on them. Great tires. Still very quiet, nice grip and they handled the winter here in the NE. HIghly recommend!

I'll put a set on our minivan when those tires need replacing later this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back