best photo upload/archiving for IPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has a IPhone and a 3 yr old and is pregnant and works full time. She has no time to learn any complicated software. Right now she needs to delete a photo to take a photo. So the goal is an app for her IPhone that uploads it to the cloud without dealing with a PC, except maybe to view it at some other time. Maybe its on the phone already but not setup?

I am an Android kind of guy but have been asked to provide advice and consultation for her IPhone. (If anyone thinks this stops after a daughter gets married, wrong).

Last edited:
Dropbox with auto backup enabled on WiFi only. I use this on my iPhone, my note 2 and my wife's iPhone. However, the problem with any cloud service is the size limitation in the cloud. In the free environment, the phone has more capacity than anything on the market, except Google, but one upload from the phone would almost fill the Google Drive.

I handle this all manually. I move pictures from Dropbox on the PC to a network hard drive whenever my wife's Dropbox account fills up. You could use a program like AllWay Sync that could transfer from the Dropbox folder on a PC to the Photos folder on the PC and out of the cloud so that, theoretically, Dropbox should never fill up, if configured that way.

Or for $10/month, Dropbox will give you 1TB of space, compared to the 2GB that comes free.

Pay the money for iCloud extra storage and she'll get the seamless experience she likely wants and needs on apple.

I believe its free 5gb, $0.99/month 25gb, and $3.99/month(yikes) for 200gb.....

I so regret not paying the $100 extra for 64gb in my iPhone 6 which has 16gb.

Last edited:
onedrive uploads in the background and gives you the most storage I can find once you enable the background sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back