FZ6R, AMSOIL 10w40 metric oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the oil in my 12 FZ6R yesterday with AMSOIL 10w40 motorcycle oil and I have to say I'm impressed. The bike seems to shift much smoother than it did on the previous full of M1 4T.

I'm curious to see if the same level of smoothness will last the entire OCI.

Bike has 3k miles on it. I switched to the M1 at the 600 mile mark. I'm still in love with this bike, I enjoy every chance I get to take it out and cruise.

My experience with Amsoil is a positive one. I must say that I got the best results using Rotella 15w40 and at a fraction of the price. My scoot is an /06 1100 Honda Sabre.

i have used Amsoil 10-40 + 20-50 premium synthetic MA rated but not motorcycle specific in different bikes with good results. i am not sure if its still using PAO base oil or Group III as i suspect. it your happy thats all that counts

Originally Posted By: dernp
My experience with Amsoil is a positive one. I must say that I got the best results using Rotella 15w40 and at a fraction of the price. My scoot is an /06 1100 Honda Sabre.

I'm riding a now-19 year old Honda 1100 ACE (purchased new in '96!... whew!, hard to believe it's been that long!), and have been self-debating the shear resistance of the 5w40 synthetics vs. the 15w40 non-synthetics, such as Rotella T6 vs. Rotella T 15w40 that you mention. So your experience w/the "dino" version seemed better than a syn., overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back