salt away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I dragged out the hose the other weekend, tried to hose off under my truck, get rid of any vestiges of salt. Time to do the other vehicles too. I am toying with getting some of the salt away stuff to try out, then after a few days reshoot with FF. Questions: how much do I need, is a garden hose sufficient or should I try the cheapo electric power washer I have? I got some electric $100 one from HD a few years ago, and I recall it had some bottle with it, meant to hold I guess soap.

I have my three vehicles--and now I have a friend reading into FF who we might do some bartering, me shoot his F250 in exchange for walnut for my scroll saw.

I'm thinking it would be easier and more effective to take a relaxing drive at highway speeds during a rainstorm.

Driving through salty water is how salt got there in the first place.

Hook the hose up to the hot water spigot for your washing machine. Hot water melts salt many times faster than cold.

You could use a lawn sprinkler. Move it from front to rear, adjusted so that most all the water is directed upwards. An hour or so should flush the salt and most mud off. Of course, some sprinkler types spray harder than others, but the idea is to flush the salt off.

There ya go. I was also going to recommend the lawn sprinkler thing. I have both hot and cold water knobs on the spigot on the side of my house. I can set the temp what I want at the time. A lawn sprinkler with some warmer water up under there would do nice things for the underside.

Too late. It's been at least 6 weeks since the last salting presumably in your area too and surely the rain storms in the interim have washed every bit of the salt away.

Very little rain of late, and hopefully there is still a good layer of FF under there.

Not going to bother with the stuff then. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back