Verizon buys AOL for $4.4B

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, and at first it looked like your title said that Verizon had bought AOL for $4.48, which seems about right.

I still use AOL I didn't jump ship when I went to cable modem like some other "traitors".
I Dont have a "smart" phone, AOL uses Google search. I don't text or IM or Tweet or FaceBook.

What am I missing? These email Homepages all look alike to me give or take. Lycos is a bit funky.

Remember MS-DOS 5.5.1 newsgroups vi editor and AltaVista?

Originally Posted By: Stelth
My eyes aren't as good as they used to be, and at first it looked like your title said that Verizon had bought AOL for $4.48, which seems about right.

This post is exactly what I was thinking.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I still use AOL I didn't jump ship when I went to cable modem like some other "traitors".
I Dont have a "smart" phone, AOL uses Google search. I don't text or IM or Tweet or FaceBook.

What am I missing? These email Homepages all look alike to me give or take. Lycos is a bit funky.

Remember MS-DOS 5.5.1 newsgroups vi editor and AltaVista?
Same here, although I know I'm down for not being "kuel". It would be fine if they dropped the Huff&Puff Post though. I get enough fiction to read otherwise.

It is a digital media company that has masked itself extremely well. I too was clueless what did but internet service died long ago and onto media they gone.

yes what a waste of $4.48!
could have bought a cup of coffee with it!
Originally Posted By: Stelth

Originally Posted By: rjundi
It is a digital media company that has masked itself extremely well. I too was clueless what did but internet service died long ago and onto media they gone.

Actually, last time I looked, AOL was still making most of its profits from dialup Internet.

These kinds of deals happens all the time, mostly the big shareholder of the buyer owns even bigger shares of the seller, and leverage their influence to cash out.

George Soros has big influence on the Facebook board and pretty much owns Whatsapp, that's the main reason why Facebook bought out Whatsapp for a high premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back