Brady suspended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time...I thought for sure the NFL would just sweep this whole deflategate thing under the rug...too bad he wasn't suspended for the SB like he should've been...

Im not a Patriots fan and I wanted Seattle to win....but this is too late and at the wrong time.....how about suspending him for the next post season?

Im not a Patriots fan and I wanted Seattle to win....but this is too late and at the wrong time.....how about suspending him for the next post season?

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Makes one wonder how many more times the Patriots cheated and got away with it.

Thinking it and proving it are two different things, they cant even prove he had anything to do with this. Sour grapes thats all.
He wouldn't give them his phone or his emails? I wouldn't either, they are not doing anything to old scooby van for destroying her illegal server never mind not turning over emails and no one says a word, yet with him its a presumption of guilt.

I don't think the suspension will stick.

And since the head coach and organization wasn't involved, why are they fining draft picks and $1M?

Doesn't really look like any of it will stick in my opinion.

Not to mention the ref's pressure gauges had bent needles and one of them read low.

I think this is a case of throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie

Not to mention the ref's pressure gauges had bent needles and one of them read low.

Now thats interesting! Lets see the NFL will throw the friggin ref under the bus for making accusations based on defective equipment.

It's an equipment violation, nothing more. Besides, TB and the Pats scored more points against Baltimore in the 2nd half with the correctly inflated balls. One of the Baltimore players said that the Pats would have beat them with a wet bar of soap. I hope TB beats this suspension.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Thinking it and proving it are two different things, they cant even prove he had anything to do with this. Sour grapes thats all.
He wouldn't give them his phone or his emails? I wouldn't either, they are not doing anything to old scooby van for destroying her illegal server never mind not turning over emails and no one says a word, yet with him its a presumption of guilt.

Deductive reasoning. SOMEONE deflated the balls, and unless you believe the ball person acted on his own, SOMEONE had to tell him to do it...who else would've done that other than Brady? Billery should be brought up on charges too, so pointing to other bad behavior doesn't justify Brady's bad behavior...

Why weren't the center and running backs suspended?
They touch the ball also.
I dont think the 4 game vacation will stick after all is said and done.
No solid proof Brady instructed anyone to let air out.
I wonder how many Colts will call in sick when they play NE this fall?

If they're willing to cheat in the Superbowl what would they be prepared to do in the regular season? They're good at cheating and cover their tracks well. Very sad.

What's the best type of person to date? A Patriots fan...because they don't care if you cheat...

Originally Posted By: Trav

It's ALL about presumption of guilt on old scooby van and it is the same old tactic, cast doubt and some will stick even with no facts.

It is obvious no one here claiming conspiracy theory against Brady has actually read or skimmed the report. I guess this is why I discuss things like this on a football forum.

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
I don't think the suspension will stick.

It will stick if Goodell wants it to stick. The union did not get the right of an independent review. So Goodell alone decides whether to rule on the appeal or allow someone else to review it. At most he will let one of his "yes men" review it.

It won'tj go to court as The NFL has its own rules which all parties agreed to. Besides the Pats don't want it reviewed as they are part of the establishment.

This is ridiculous. The NFL should blame itself for not enforcing a rule that can actually be enforced on the spot.

Once the balls are "prepped", they should be handed over to NFL officials who check their pressure and whatever else to make sure they're "legal." NFL officials holds those balls till the end of the game. They can be rechecked during halftime as well.

Suspension will be reduced as well as fines and draft picks. Patriots still won all those games and Superbowls.

I'm not a Brady hater.. I'm also not a fan..

But this is just not right. Either he knew or he didnt. They didnt prove he did anything or knew anything.. And Ted Wells is about the least "independant" guy out there.. Check and see how much previous "work" he has been paid by the NFL for.

They just need to change the rule and get over it. Comparing it to guys using PED's is stabbing yourself with a fork retarded.

Four game suspension is what you get if you test positive (1st offence) for performance enhancing drugs. Most athletes use these, a few get caught, teams look the other way. It is a form of cheating.

Brady's suspension of four games is consistent with 1st offense cheating. I have been a Brady fan since 2001 when he stepped in for Bledsoe. I believe this is the correct suspension for him if indeed he was in on this (which I believe he was).

Football players cheat in every game they play. It's too common to see a player move the ball forward as they get up after a rushing play to see if they can get a better spot. I think they should penalize that garbage every time I see it. It sends the wrong message to kids watching at home to see grown men trying to get something passed the officials' eyes.

It's no different than turning homework in with one math problem not completed, hoping the teacher won't notice.

It happens in most types of sports. But this situation, in football, is the most blatantly apparent to me. It's institutionalized cheating -- I'm sure most of them do it out of habit -- which is really sad to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back