Annoyed & then satisfied..ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the garage queen "Silverado" came out for Turkey Hunting Saturday and I took it about 40 minutes down the road, noticed a vibration from the front end. So that after noon I took it to Tire Barn Warehouse where I asked for the manager..

The back story is last year with only 20,000 miles on the Copper AT3'S two of the tires had to be replaced under warranty for defect, they simply would not balance up well.. I spent approximately 6-7 hours and 4 separate trips trying to get it fixed.

So I asked for the manager, I reminded him of last year, he remembered, and told him flat out.. cost is not a issue, if I have to warranty out the other two tires, I don't care. but im experiencing another vibration.. He took the keys, said we will take care if it.. I pick it back up two hours later, drive it home and the vibration has moved to the rear of the truck.

I go back yesterday, Sunday. and tell him exactly what im now feeling.. They take the Keys. (again) and my wife and I go watch a movie..

Manager calls me.. "I don't know if the tech calibrated the balancer wrong or what, but all 4 wheels were out of balance, one by a lot. Also, one of your tires was not seated properly on the Rim, so we fixed that"

I drove the truck home and its great, fixed, smooth as glass.. My beef is this, Somebody "a tech" worked on my truck, didn't get it right.. and it cost me more gas $ time on my Sunday to take it back in town again to get monkeyed with.. Im annoyed that even after expressing my concerns to the manager from the get go, It wasn't fixed right. Im satisfied that its fixed..

about a week at a time, I usually get it out on the weekends. sometimes more often than others.

Flatspots usually disappear in at most 5miles.. so doubt its flatspotting.

maybe the tires shifted on the wheels from too much lubricant and brake use?

my factory tires didnt flatspot. the yokohama AT/S would flatspot overnight and last about 1mile.

the michelin premier flatspot overnight but it only lasts about 1/2 mile. feels like square tires for first 30sec or so.

Then perfectly smooth even on the highway at 80mph.

No, I haven't looked at any codes. I believe I bought the tires about 4-5 years ago, However the truck only see's 2,000-3,000 miles a year most years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back