That Feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the feeling. The feeling when you are pouring clean oil through the oil fill hole and you watch the gold liquidity goodness flowing into your engine. Feels so good!

It's the best part of an oil change. Which part of a DIY oil change do you enjoy the post?

I like having to replace rubber o-rings on the cartridge cap, jacking my car up and removing the 8-10 torx bits to get the skid plate off and spilling the blackest oil you can imagine onto the concrete to be able to change my oil, NOT! Luckily I only change it every 10k miles.

I miss my Camry's oil changes, too easy.

I agree that pouring the Liquid Gold Amsoil into my engine gives me the warm and fuzzies inside but my favorite part is cutting open the filter afterwards... by far

why doesnt the BOLD font setting work?

Last edited:
There was a good feeling in using the Mityvac 7201 to extract the oil though the dipstick tube. Every time I used it I smiled widely thinking I didn't have to raise the car and crawl under it to mess around with skid plate, oil pan and drain plug.

Removing the ecu to get to the filter on the back of the cavalier's motor is AWESOME...

The best part is when it's done and the car has fresh oil in the sump.

I DON'T like pouring the golden goodness in, then turning around to see the oil pan plug sitting on the lid of my toolbox.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
You know the feeling. The feeling when you are pouring clean oil through the oil fill hole and you watch the gold liquidity goodness flowing into your engine. Feels so good!

i don't know what you mean. but if you substitute "oil" with "scotch," i would agree.

Quote:
You know the feeling. The feeling when you are pouring clean scotch through the scotch fill hole and you watch the gold liquidity goodness flowing into your engine. Feels so good!

Now I can't get that Journey song out of my head. Thanks camrydriver.
frown.gif

Hello, It's a three-way tie involving screwing on the cheapest filter my boss can source, pouring in the thickened, jet black (with sparkly bits) ooze which won't pour out of our catch drum and seeing the hopeless, forlorn look on the faces of our customers who somehow know their finances and lives are being ruined by their cars and that their situation is destined to worsen when they finally wander into our showroom.

Only kidding! Kira

Back in a day when was in a business, I liked most when costumers said; I don't need the bill, and will pay cash....Great feeling
These days I maintain only family vehicles, and best part is I get some time for me ( I'm a young dad - many sleepless nights), and yes, beers 😊

Last edited:
its like right after a bloody nose and you pull out that giant blood clot. refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back