eFlexFuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a company in Finland is making E85 conversion kits. However its not available to FSI,GDi, or any diesel. I'm guessing there isnt enough ooomph to withstand the higher psi? In the midwest there is a boom of no ethanol fuel stations coming about so maybe ethanol is going away maybe? Latest on Jay Leno says he is completely against ethanol and discusses its damage to cars. Seems like he's the Jeremy Clarkson of the US except he has more hair and doesn't got hitting people.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Latest on Jay Leno says he is completely against ethanol and discusses its damage to cars. Seems like he's the Jeremy Clarkson of the US except he has more hair and doesn't got hitting people.

Leno is a comedian, not an engineer. He has all these cars and still does not know squat about their workings.

Ethanol doesn't damage cars designed to run it in proper %s; Older cars certainly.

I will defer to the automotive engineers on what is appropriate for my vehicle (up to 10% per Toyota)

Jay once commented he runs straight 50 weight in the Dusenberg since 20W-50 is "too thin"

He should join the site; he could learn a lot.

References upon request.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Jay once commented he runs straight 50 weight in the Dusenberg since 20W-50 is "too thin"

Maybe he was referring to leakage while the engine is shut down/cold.

There are other kits out there, but are they legal here in the states? Have the been blessed w/ approval from the appropriate govt agencies?

A while back, there was a episode of Wheeler Dealers, where they converted a Land Rover to run on either its original fuel( forget if It was petrol, or diesel),or LP gas, Aka Propane. ( insert Hank Hill joke here) at the time I saw that episode, I looked into the cost of doing a similar conversion here, only to find I couldn't. The govt wouldn't allow it.

But Jay does pay well and treat people nice. The husband of my sister in law did all of the epoxy covering on Jay's floors where he keeps his vehicles and bikes. Treated Mark and Jamee (Mark's daughter) like they were kin even though they are from the flyover corn patch of Iowa. Jay may not he a rocket scientist, but he sure doesn't let fame go to his head either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back