KitchenAid mixer repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Mrs's Kitchen Aid stand mixer went belly up. We bought the required repair parts online from an official source, but I had to balk at the recommended Benalene 930-2 lubricant, $35 for a 1 qt. can. Used Amsoil food grade grease instead. It's X-Treme synthetic, so it has to be good, lol. Totally different stuff from the mfg recommendation, but we shall see how it works out.
Anyone else ever do repair or maintenance on these appliances?

I didn't know they broke. We don't use ours but once or twice a month.

I believe the grease is a lifetime fill, for the life of the mixer right Leo?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
I believe the grease is a lifetime fill, for the life of the mixer right Leo?
smile.gif

I didn't even know the mixer took grease. Just like her other fun things, if my wife wears it out, she'll buy a new one.

I have one that is a hand me down from my Mother. Over 50 years old and still runs like a top. They are tough. Nice that you could buy the repair parts to fix it yourself. You just provided Amsoil a new way to advertise.

This one has been in service a bit over 10 years. It sees pretty heavy use for a home unit.
The smallest gear in the gear train sheared off. A bit surprising, as all of the gears are metal, with the exception of the first gear driven by the worm gear on the motor, which is nylon. The nylon gear was fine.
I believe the root cause of the failure was down to the lube in the "PTO" pinion on the front drying up. There was a little galling on the bushing there, cleaned that up with a bit of scotchbrite and soap and generous lube on reassembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back