neighbor vandalized my floodlight, my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
When the OP saw his neighbor watching him from behind the bush between their houses while he was installing the video camera, he should of said something like, "Hi neighbor, I need to talk to you about something." and see what he would have said. The OP then could have said something like "I don't think you like my lights shining towards your place at night - sorry about that - but was wondering of you were vandalizing them because of that. As you can see, I've installed lower wattage bulbs and have re-aimed them so they don't spill over on your property." Then see how the neighbor reacts to that. He will either come around and say he did and apologize and offer to pay for the damage, or he'll get all belligerent and go off the deep end or just run back inside his house. Former reaction says he's pretty normal, latter two reaction says he's a nut case.

That would probably work fairly well....IF the weirdo wouldn't turn and dart back into his house (which I think is what he would have done).

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
When is the OP going to have a talk with this guy?

Any BITOG members that live near Nashville willing to go with him as backup?

Man...you've really jumped the shark with that one!

Originally Posted By: BRZED
At this point hiring ninjas seems like a comparatively reasonable option.

Where do you hire ninjas these days?

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

craigslist.com

If Andrewg,

I want a peaceful resolution. I don't want any punches thrown by either the OP or the neighbor.
If I lived in Nashville I would volunteer to go with OP as back up...

Maybe he can hire Agent 47?

Andrewg,

I want a peaceful resolution. I don't want any punches thrown by either the OP or the neighbor.

What's funny is that none of the people advocating violence will..

1: Pay for the OP's legal defense.

2: Do the jail time if the OP is found guilty.

3: Take care of the OP's family while he's in jail. Or worse yet, dead.

Haven't read where any of the internet warriors are willing to go there and deal with the problem themselves.

Really easy to advocate violent solutions when they are the ones who won't face the music.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Andrewg,

What's funny is that none of the people advocating violence will..

1: Pay for the OP's legal defense.

2: Do the jail time if the OP is found guilty.

3: Take care of the OP's family while he's in jail. Or worse yet, dead.

Haven't read where any of the internet warriors are willing to go there and deal with the problem themselves.

Really easy to advocate violent solutions when they are the ones who won't face the music.

To be fair....I think only a couple of posters on here actually advocated physical violence. While some, including myself, would think this jerk deserved a punch in the face....most are just being sarcastic.

The authorities (police, sheriff, etc.) work for US....let them deal with the guy. No need to confront hm directly....no need at all. He is a nut job and broke the law.

Best way to avoid a violent conflict....is let the pro's handle it. NOT knock on his door (partnered or not....ever heard of a gun? The guy could feel highly threatened if he looks out his window and notices TWO guys are coming up his walk).

Last edited:
I think the OP abandoned this thread and now we just have andrew and "Mr Nice" repeating the same things over and over like a couple of parrots.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I think the OP abandoned this thread and now we just have andrew and "Mr Nice" repeating the same things over and over like a couple of parrots.

Maybe if you paid more attention to your "dish" you wouldn't feel compelled to look at this thread?

It might save you some grief.

LOL. I agree
smile.gif

I can see two sides here. So I think the idea of the motion detecting lights is a good idea. After all, the lights do use some electricity and you really only need them when you are coming home in the dark, etc. Also, the idea of recording the guy doing what he is doing with your lights is also a good idea in case you had to take all of this to court.

I can understand where lights left on all night can irritate people. I know some people who have a neighbor who put up a really bright light and leaves it on all night and the people I know do not complain (or mess with his light) but they don't like it.

I have neighbors myself who leave lights on all night. I am going to put up some dark drapes to block the light. Otherwise, I don't care if they leave their lights on all night. It is their electric bill.

Recently, because somebody tried to pull my storm door open, I have been leaving lights on all night. But I am thinking about getting motion detecting lights so that I don't have to leave them on all night. No use wasting electricity.

Just trying to be fair and see both sides of the issue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trajan

Maybe he can hire Agent 47?

Be sure to post it in the men looking for men section.

Originally Posted By: andrewg

Maybe if you paid more attention to your "dish" you wouldn't feel compelled to look at this thread?

It might save you some grief.

Well I did admittedly get lulled into inattention after reading the same posts over and over again...but if I have it right your position was to take some cookies and a case of craft beer over to the neighbor and make amends? Since you're such a people person I can see why you would feel this way.

May I suggest this sampler pack from Costco? Very tasty.

Back to my dish...

What does an India Pale Ale taste like? Now I'm thirsty again!!
10.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
That does look good.

I had to struggle though a Bud Light this evening..
27.gif

I just had a few Heinekens :^)

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

What does an India Pale Ale taste like? Now I'm thirsty again!!
10.gif

That does look good. But not back to DirectTV-they dropped Fox News.

And I was almost ready to switch too. From cable TV.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
When the OP saw his neighbor watching him from behind the bush between their houses while he was installing the video camera, he should of said something like, "Hi neighbor, I need to talk to you about something." and see what he would have said. The OP then could have said something like "I don't think you like my lights shining towards your place at night - sorry about that - but was wondering of you were vandalizing them because of that. As you can see, I've installed lower wattage bulbs and have re-aimed them so they don't spill over on your property." Then see how the neighbor reacts to that. He will either come around and say he did and apologize and offer to pay for the damage, or he'll get all belligerent and go off the deep end or just run back inside his house. Former reaction says he's pretty normal, latter two reaction says he's a nut case.

That would probably work fairly well....IF the weirdo wouldn't turn and dart back into his house (which I think is what he would have done).

When I suggested doing this, I was asked if I'd bothered to read the previous 27 pages...and yes, Andrew, I have read them, thanks for asking
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back