Contact cement for rubber to steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check it anyway but you shouldn't have any trouble with that type of foam. Some seat and styrofoam types used behind bumper covers can be real trouble.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Glad you got it sorted. The stuff works great and its cheap enough. Use the rest to hold gaskets in place for gasket assembly or stick loose weather stripping.
I use it on gaskets all the time, like some thermostat housings that use o rings and are vertical, just a little on the sides of the o ring will keep it in place while you get the neck on.
It can make life real easy, its worth having a small tube in the toolbox, it has a 1001 uses.

BTW The stuff is resistant to vibration, oil, gasoline, coolants and most chemicals.

Nice tip Trav! I need to pick up some for a few of those "1001 uses" on my list. Gotta love 3M. I've never used anything of theirs I didn't like.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Check it anyway but you shouldn't have any trouble with that type of foam. Some seat and styrofoam types used behind bumper covers can be real trouble.

Thanks, Trav! I once tried to fix some cracked styrofoam padding in a child seat with Super Glue. A complete mess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back