Prices of engine oil @ Can. Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was browsing around Canadian Tire today and checked out engine oil prices. I feel withdrawal not having to buy oil anymore since i installed the bypass filter. Here are just a couple prices on some popular oils. Funny, they stock Amsoil diesel oil.

You Americans can see how Amsoil, if bought with a preferred customer membership, is very competitive with oil on the shelves, and in fact cheaper.

Holy sh!t you guys get screwed for real. Its strange that pyb is only couple bucks more but the old pp & pu stock n not on sale syns are 3 times more expensive.

Last edited:
Interesting to see Ultra Euro 5w-30 in a brick&mortar store. Over here, I think it's mail order only.

Also interesting that it's cheaper than Platinum (non-euro).

Originally Posted By: SLATRON
Holy sh!t you guys get screwed for real.

You want to see getting screwed? M1 0w-40 in Iceland... converted to USD, that's about $20 per liter. In comparison, Canadian prices don't seem all that bad.
smile.gif

IMG_20130823_112241_610.jpg

Rule # 1 ... in Canada at least... where oil and filters on Amazon.ca are usually more expensive than retail stores...!?!?

Need a Fram Ultra... check out this guys pricing...

http://www.amazon.ca/Fram-XG3980-Ultra-S...ords=fram+ultra

Never, ever, ever, buy oil at regular price... !

See the PYB... not a bad price... on sale.

And M1 4.4 L jugs are on sale at Partsource ( owned by Cdn. Tire...) for $ 33... not the utterly RIDICULOUS regular price of $ 59.99...

At Walmart, a 4 L jug of M1 in only 5w20 / 30 is on sale for $ 28.00...

Lastly, that PU Euro 5w30, and it's 5w40 sibling, are old stock getting older... some of the bottles at my local Cdn Tire are DUSTY...!

Last edited:
The coolest picture was the Amsoil showing the TBN right on the bottle. As if a regular consumer would know what TBN is, [censored] awesome!

Originally Posted By: zpinch
You Americans can see how Amsoil, if bought with a preferred customer membership, is very competitive with oil on the shelves, and in fact cheaper.

M1, Castrol, Pennzoil regularly go on sale to $30 to $35 per 5L. Amsoil doesn't.

CT wants us to chase their stupid sales. $35 is regular price for M1 EP. $60 is CT rip-off price.

The price of oil here is ridiculous! Even on sale it is sometimes hard to compete with the US. Perfect example, right now M1 is on sale for $9.79 per liter, and I just got back from a short trip across the border to the US where I picked up a 5 quart jug of M1 0w40 for only $23.88! I had originally planned on buying one liter of M1 for my wife's BMW's next oil change (I already had a 5qt jug from my last trip to the US) but for just a little bit more money I ended up getting the full giant jug instead of just one bottle. I doubt I will buy much oil up here anymore, the only time it's ever a better deal is on the rare occasion that CT sells 5.4 L of M1 for $29.99 (and even then it's only a better deal because of the exchange rate difference)

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
CT wants us to chase their stupid sales. $35 is regular price for M1 EP. $60 is CT rip-off price.

Yep, and I've quit chasing their sales. Imperial Oil and Shell distributors (not to mention Petro-Canada) give better deals every day than Walmart Canada or CT give on special, so no thanks. Only those two companies think that 100% markup on motor oil is acceptable. I don't, so I buy elsewhere.

I don't have to chase sales when I go to Imperial Oil. They tell me the cost, I decide how much I want and pay, and go to the warehouse and grab it. To [censored] with the retailers.

I picked up two 5-quart jugs of Mobil 1 5w-20 for $23.88 each from walmart. Plus Mobil 1 has a rebate for $12 off each jug. So it comes out to be a little over $2 per quart.
smile.gif

You guys pay more for Mobil 1 than Royal Purple?!?!

I am going to walmart and buying every 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 I can for $27.99 USD and making a little trip to Canada. Im in the bootleg oil business now! Thanks OP!
08.gif

Last edited:
Go see your local bulk oil dealer, whether it be affiliated with Imperial Oil (ExxonMobil), Petro Canada (Suncor), or Shell. They'll set you up with products which are much better than those boutique oils on [censored] Tyres' shelves, for a fraction of the cost.

For what that single jug of Royal Purple "costs" at [censored] Tyre, you can almost buy a 1Lx12 case of Delvac 222 0W-30 from the bulk dealer.

I'm a CTC shareholder, but even I agree that those prices are robbery.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
You guys pay more for Mobil 1 than Royal Purple?!?!

I am going to walmart and buying every 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 I can for $27.99 USD and making a little trip to Canada. Im in the bootleg oil business now! Thanks OP!
08.gif

And at the Walmart in Niagara Falls NY I got 5 quarts of M1 for $23.88 last weekend, so I'm not sure if this price is nationwide in the US, but it's worth looking into
smile.gif

Yall's synth prices are hwy robbery! But your PYB prices are only a dollar more than they are at Walmart here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back