nitrogen-vs-air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I switched all of my vehicles tires over to a semi-nitrogen blend. I liked the results so much that I also use the semi-nitrogen blend all of my tractor tires, lawn equipment, and even the tires on my air compressor. I found that the performance is outstanding and I can get the blend at a much better price point than 100% nitrogen. I've even gone so far as to invest in a system from Ingersoll Rand that compresses the blend and makes it ready for use in tires.

The semi-nitrogen blend is roughly 78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 5 or 6 other additives.

Ooh do tell us more! Where can I get this wonderful stuff? I wonder if the additives need to be boosted up?

Oh-absolutely. I have a 300 can stash of Marvel Mystery Air that I bought at AirMart on rollback and I use it on a regular basis. I also use a product called AirRX that does a great job of removing slime from older tires. I've never used it, but Slick N50 has a YouTube video that shows a car on a lift, and when it's running and in gear the tires will rotate for hours with absolutely no air in them!

But if you really want the best, just look for a company called AmsAir. They have a 4 ball air test that proves their air is superior to all the other air on the market.

Love
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I switched all of my vehicles tires over to a semi-nitrogen blend. I liked the results so much that I also use the semi-nitrogen blend all of my tractor tires, lawn equipment, and even the tires on my air compressor. I found that the performance is outstanding and I can get the blend at a much better price point than 100% nitrogen. I've even gone so far as to invest in a system from Ingersoll Rand that compresses the blend and makes it ready for use in tires.

The semi-nitrogen blend is roughly 78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 5 or 6 other additives.

Ooh do tell us more! Where can I get this wonderful stuff? I wonder if the additives need to be boosted up?

Oh-absolutely. I have a 300 can stash of Marvel Mystery Air that I bought at AirMart on rollback and I use it on a regular basis. I also use a product called AirRX that does a great job of removing slime from older tires. I've never used it, but Slick N50 has a YouTube video that shows a car on a lift, and when it's running and in gear the tires will rotate for hours with absolutely no air in them!

But if you really want the best, just look for a company called AmsAir. They have a 4 ball air test that proves their air is superior to all the other air on the market.

Oh boy - I got sucked right in...

Originally Posted By: BRZED
Don't the shops that recommend nitrogen also slop soapy water all over the tire bead and inside of the tire when mounting tires? There's already more moisture from mounting the tires inside the tires than there will ever get into the tire any other way.

Absolutely. I had a set of tires mounted at Costco on my S2000 right before a track day. I was very interested to see if the nitrogen would result in more stable pressures. Not one bit. The detergent water they swab around the bead negates the benefit of nitrogen.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: BRZED
Don't the shops that recommend nitrogen also slop soapy water all over the tire bead and inside of the tire when mounting tires? There's already more moisture from mounting the tires inside the tires than there will ever get into the tire any other way.

Absolutely. I had a set of tires mounted at Costco on my S2000 right before a track day. I was very interested to see if the nitrogen would result in more stable pressures. Not one bit. The detergent water they swab around the bead negates the benefit of nitrogen.

Works great in my case. Had a flat repair (nail) done about 6 months ago at Costco. They totally dismount, patch inside, and use nitrogen. Never had to add air since. Other 3 tires have normal loss - about 1 lb every 1 or 2 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back