2006 4Runner V6, M1-EP 5w30, 7300 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen%20Shot%202015-05-08%20at%2010.56.06%20PM_zpswf4oclwo.png

Yeah, very good! Nice TBN retention for this oil. I can see from your example why it's called EP!

Did you add any oil during the OCI?

Looks like you went 7000 miles in 3 months. Might as well just bump the OCI to 10k. I think even regular M1 would handle that easily on your low wear engine. Nice post.

Looks great!

Love that generation of 4 Runner, too...nice truck...and it's nice to see that the engine is wearing well...

Yeah,good report and nice low wearing engine not untypical of Toyota engines. Keep it in the sump for longer. What is the cSt on new EP?

As bigt61 pointed out, you went over 7,000 miles in 3 months. I agree that if you continue that pattern of usage, you can easily do 10K miles.

I have found that if your pattern of driving changed to more stop and go, with shorter trips over a longer period of time, the TBN retention would not have been as good for the same number of miles.

I do believe Mobil 1 EP can last the advertised 15K miles, and even Amsoil can go 25K between changes, given the right conditions. Long highway trips, with lots of miles over a short period of time are pretty easy, especially with the Toyota engines.

Anyway, congrats on an excellent report.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back