that would explain a lot of things in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Children who watch too much TV may have 'damaged brain structures'

The more time a child spends watching TV, the more profound the changes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2537240/Children-watch-TV-damaged-brain-structures.html

edit
this is from the source:

cn2014-1.jpg

http://www.idac.tohoku.ac.jp/en/activities/research/Cogni_Neuro/

Last edited:
Well, there is a need for brain dead worker bees, and bright kids who did something other than sit drooling in front of the tube to manage them. No more than one TV per house, that way control can be exerted over what it is watched.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
No more than one TV per house, that way control can be exerted over what it is watched.

i had only 1 TV in household with only HD over the air programming, thus rarely watched. but now, i'm afraid kids watching things on youtube could have similar (if not worse) effects.

Well, yeah. This isn't unique to TV; any time you spend idly being entertained, without using your brain, will sap certain aspects of your cognitive abilities.

The brain is pretty efficient at getting rid of skills it doesn't need, so if you don't use something, you lose it.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
but now, i'm afraid kids watching things on youtube could have similar (if not worse) effects.

yup, problems with brain development when exposed to computers too:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/men...mages-the-brain

it's going to be a brave new world when the new generation rises to power.

Slow your roll a bit. This just shows an association. It doesn't really say much about cause and effect.

Too much [censored] on TV for children to watch.

Not including all the brainwashing they are fed in school by bitter teachers that have certain life views they need to push.

As long as the EBT card works who needs all those extra brain cells.

Watching the TV sure beats getting up before noon just to go to work.

Having a job is such a drag when you don't really need one. Besides, who in their right mind wants to take a bath and change clothes every week.

Just remember, when it comes to cigarettes, booze and drugs your EBT dollars will be discounted just like that big screen TV you purchased at the swap meet.

Now I understand why I'm not CEO material. Watched too many episodes of Bonanza. That explains a lot. Thanks.

Children who watch too much TV may have 'damaged brain structures'

Sometimes I feel the same after spending too much time on BITOG.

OneEyeJack,

The day some 'kids' turn 18 years old, they are taught to apply for all Government assistance and they won't have to work.

No need to use your brain or work hard, just let tax payers support you.

OP, great post. TV teaches kids' brains bad lessons. Proven fact and documented in my wife's field very thoroughly.

But any parent who wants to can control it easily. It's sometimes just too easy to use the "electronic baby sitter"...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

But any parent who wants to can control it easily. It's sometimes just too easy to use the "electronic baby sitter"...

agree on the TV part and i was successful with that. not so easily to control PC, tablet, and smartphone use, especially with teenagers and they also seem problematic for brain.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

No need to have any idea what life is actually like for someone else, just make bombastic posts about them on the Internet.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

No need to have any idea what life is actually like for someone else, just make bombastic posts about them on the Internet.

+1

Our President announced that the he's going to setup day care centers controlled by the government so that women won't automatically be burdened with the task of raising their own children.

It was tried once before by leader that believed in big government, too. They called it "Leybensborn". It was a terrible failure but this time it will succeed because our leader cares more and has a better plan for us. He told us to trust him. What more do you need, especially if the EBT card keeps working.

Too much [censored] on TV for children to watch.

Not including all the brainwashing they are fed in school by bitter teachers that have certain life views they need to push.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
As long as the EBT card works who needs all those extra brain cells.

Watching the TV sure beats getting up before noon just to go to work.

Having a job is such a drag when you don't really need one. Besides, who in their right mind wants to take a bath and change clothes every week.

Just remember, when it comes to cigarettes, lottery tickets, booze and drugs your EBT dollars will be discounted just like that big screen TV you purchased at the swap meet.

X2 to all the above, but I made a slight addition to the examples.

They don't want parent reading to their kids because it gives them an unfair advantage. So stick em in front of the idiot box, then they can all be friggin brain dead.
We are in the final phase of the dumbing down of America.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/philosopherszone/new-family-values/6437058

http://www.rural-revolution.com/2015/05/stop-reading-to-your-children-its-unfair.html

This is what these fruit cakes that scream for social justice are preaching. I would like to give all of them a little justice, trav (very unpleasant) style. LOL

Trav, can you not tell the difference between idle philosophical musings and actual policy suggestions, or did you just not read the original article fully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back