I'll just drop this here;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
What in the wide,wide world of sports is going on here ?
crazy2.gif

Love that movie!

Can you imagine the torque put on the bumper while towing!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
59821574.jpg

You cannot fault this guy for making the best use of the resources he has available.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The kicker is this thing probably dragged a trailer all the way down I95 like that.

no, the ball is all rusty, this for show.

Funny story (sad) back in 2007 I had an F150 with 5K lb bumper and a dinky little 2K ball in it. For whatever reason, I removed the ball, and found its 3/4" shank in a 1" hole. I put a proper sized ball in, WHICH WAS CHEAPER and more common, before towing with that.

Last spring, I get another F150, and another bonehead did the exact same thing!

They must think that the ball won't slip around in the hole, if they torque the nut super-duper tight.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Funny story (sad) back in 2007 I had an F150 with 5K lb bumper and a dinky little 2K ball in it. For whatever reason, I removed the ball, and found its 3/4" shank in a 1" hole. I put a proper sized ball in, WHICH WAS CHEAPER and more common, before towing with that.

Last spring, I get another F150, and another bonehead did the exact same thing!

They must think that the ball won't slip around in the hole, if they torque the nut super-duper tight.

Yes, if you just tighten things more, they won't move! Problem solved.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
The kicker is this thing probably dragged a trailer all the way down I95 like that.

In New England they all look like that no matter how much they are used.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

In New England they all look like that no matter how much they are used.

Unless you keep it greased all the time, as soon as you drive, the coating is going to peel and it rusts right away.

Looks to me like there was a rear-end accident issue that damaged the bumper (all the popped paint, and rust). Probably bent the mounting point all to heck, and instead of replacing the bumper (expensive) he put this in.

Just to play devils advocate:

Any chance this guy did it for fun?

After seeing the response here I could see trying this myself! Not to use of course, but just to be funny.

Might be a higher class of prank than hanging testicles off your buddies bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back