Full synthetic for Kia Forte?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about running a 5w40? Like rotella t6 or something? Something that's a good cleaning oil, which to my understanding diesel oils are the best cleaners.

Hyundai and Kia usually say you can use different weights but i dont think 0w is in there .Be careful to use what they say just in case there is a problem within the warranty period.. 10years 100,000 miles is a long time.

Our warranty isn't valid. The original owner gets the 100,000 mile warranty. If ownership is transferred then it's inly 60k. Ours has 70k on it.

Last edited:
Does anybody know about the Hyundai/Kia filters? There is a Kia dealer about 45 mins away from me and a Hyundai dealer about 15 mins away. Can I go to Hyundai and get a filter for the car? Also I was reading around online and found that I need a crush washer? Does it need to be replaced each time you change the filter?

Opinions will vary regarding the absolute need to use oem oil filters but there is no disputing these filters are well constructed. In your specific case, because the noise may be coming from an aftermarket filter, i would try the oem.

Concerning the crush washer, yes, i would and do change with every oil-change.

BTW: I have used ToughGuard, NapaGold, Firestone(Champ) and Mobil1 oil filters on our Hyundai without issue.

Ive had the past 3 oil changes done at a shop and they haven't changed the crush washer. I just got a change done last week but I may change it again just to do the filter and crush washer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 02s4audi
Ive had the past 3 oil changes done at a shop and they haven't changed the crush washer. I just got a change done last week but I may change it again just to do the filter and crush washer.

I wouldn't go that far unless i noticed a leak coming from the sump-plug. I change it but i'm sure some people don't and have no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back