Bunch of filters cut #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last one.

Royal Purple 10-44: Unknown

Seriously thick can, thick base plate, thick and soft ADBV, pretty much the best filter I've seen. The interesting thing isn't the filter. It's what I found inside. There was thick, gloopy, copper glitter EVERYWHERE. In the oil, all over the media, all over the top of the cartridge. It was literally all over everything. Either it was an additive of some kind, or the guy who used it has some pretty serious bearing wear.
IMAG1367_zpsbglztzzl.jpg

IMAG1369_zpszw6jet2d.jpg

IMAG1371_zpstm7fuyfd.jpg

IMAG1373_zpsybuyzcez.jpg

IMAG1375_zpscg4i4jmv.jpg

IMAG1391_zpsahbm0mrj.jpg

IMAG1396_zpstlajnszv.jpg

IMAG1398_zpststvaccv.jpg

Copper glitter inside filter probably means the engine is going south.

Originally Posted By: holdorf333
Last one.

Royal Purple 10-44: Unknown

Seriously thick can, thick base plate, thick and soft ADBV, pretty much the best filter I've seen.

THANK YOU for all the great filter pics. You have provided the BITOG readership with excellent information.

Yes, Royal Purple makes one of the best filters on the planet. They have a great youtube video showing the construction process.

I love these filters. You pay a little more (about $12 at PepBoys in my area) but they are worth the extra coin!

Thanks for the photos!

Out of curiosity for those who may have used both, how does this filter compare to a FRAM Ultra? They seem to be quite similar in construction from appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back