Oil change video-FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he at least got the last two cups of oil in the container.

Even my usual sheet of cardboard on the driveway couldn't have prevented that mess from getting to the macadam.

No matter how carfull I try to be when changing the oil in everything I own, I still manage to spill some. I learned to put cardboard pizza boxes down under the pan, and at least for 2 feet around the pan. Even when I'm proud off myself for not spilling some oil, I'll bump the pan and put a small wave on the cardboard. Sometimes you can't win.,,

Oil catch looks very clean and new, I wonder if they're new to changing their oil.

I can relate, the first time I changed my oil I had everything set up to catch the oil and was using a new oil catch can with a screwed in funnel. What I quickly learned was that the oil comes out of my Subaru so quick that it can't drain out the bottom of the funnel fast enough. So the funnel started filling up, but fortunately I was able to get a small low profile bucket above it to catch the oil before it overfilled too much. I still spilled some oil, but it wasn't too bad. Would've been MUCH worse if I didn't happen to have the other container there.

Some1 didn't research or tried to cheap out
laugh.gif

I havent spilled anymore ever since I learned the pressure of my oil drain plug

Last edited:
If everyone wants to get a good laugh, watch this video and think back to the first time you changed the oil. I put the pan under the drain hole and the oil shot over the pan then I moved the pan QUICK and slopped it out then I figured the filter was empty and it was still full. It looked like I had changed the oil without a pan. But this is how we learn. Wait till he tries the ATF.

Originally Posted By: Neely97
The curse of " the dropped oil plug "

Ah Grasshopper, get a FUMOTO .

grasshopper might be left with sludge
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: navseawelder
If everyone wants to get a good laugh, watch this video and think back to the first time you changed the oil. I put the pan under the drain hole and the oil shot over the pan then I moved the pan QUICK and slopped it out then I figured the filter was empty and it was still full. It looked like I had changed the oil without a pan. But this is how we learn. Wait till he tries the ATF.

My first oil change had no issues draining! I got it all in the pan and everything!

The problem came when I went to refill the oil. The oil cap was broken and wouldn't come off.

I did my first car oil change when I was 11-14 or so on my mom's 1975 Chrysler Cordoba. Age is a bit sketchy, but I was 11 when she got it and no older than 14 when she got rid of it. No drama at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back