Parts Plus PH-48 TORN! (CUT OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. This is from my plumbing friends Chevy express can with the v-8 engine. Oil was Valvoline MaxLife 10w30 and this filter for roughly 6,200~. First time I have saw one of these "unknowns" tear. Glue looks to have came apart also. Tried to get good pics so excuse any that may be blurry. Enjoy
wink.gif

108a874.jpg

2vir05t.jpg

14ier2s.jpg

2pslmyp.jpg

2m7uc2a.jpg

pxfmq.jpg

ofde8w.jpg

mrbls4.jpg

Originally Posted By: car51
Good afternoon folks. This is from my plumbing friends Chevy express van with the v-8 engine. Oil was Valvoline MaxLife 10w30 and this filter for roughly 6,200~. First time I have saw one of these "unknowns" tear. Glue looks to have came apart also. Tried to get good pics so excuse any that may be blurry. Enjoy
wink.gif

108a874.jpg

2vir05t.jpg

14ier2s.jpg

2pslmyp.jpg

2m7uc2a.jpg

pxfmq.jpg

ofde8w.jpg

mrbls4.jpg

I wish I knew DLundblad. I did note the ADBV was very stiff though. I would guess that same folks that make Pronto, Prime Guard and Premium Guard make these but I may be wrong.

wide, uneven, and too few pleats near the seam = increased probability of tears.

There is no excuse for sloppy pleating when cartridge filters are rarely this ugly.

I suspect "Parts Plus" was the lowest bidder....

I had no ideal Parts Plus was still in business!! It's been 20 years since I've seen one.

You are welcome Webfors and Vern_in_IL: there is a place bout 40 minutes south of me that sells parts plus stuff still.

I am not sure on that. Champ Labs has the date and time stamped and says "product of U.S.A" on dome end. This one says "leak tested" on dome end

These are the same as "Premium Guard",sold and manufactured by a company called "International Distributing".

rockauto lists them as champ that's where I got my information from but either way not a bad filter for a couple dollars

Last edited:
After some digging I found several articles where premium guard claims making the parts plus filters and after looking at cut open filters they are identical does anyone know how to decipher their date code

Last edited:
Champ used to make them,during the E Core changeover period,but then PP switched manufacturers.Either it had something to do with the E Core,or they renegociated for a lower cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back