Wix Oil Filters (Or Napa gold)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here- hate that @#! %** term (rhymes with pay pass) I can't read thru years of topics to find an appropriate thread for this. I found a Wix thread for Audi on page 5 and quit at that point. I'm a big fan of Wix oil filters.

I change my oil every 10,000 miles. I use Wix oil filters because they are cheap and they have anti-drainback valves and bypass valves. I fill with Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge- whichever is cheapest- 10w40 and I add Lucas in the warm months. I have 350k miles on my 05 Colorado and 280k on my 06 caravan. Both have original engines that neither smoke nor use oil excessively. I've had the truck for a decade and the van since 09 when I bought it with 75k on it. I drive the truck like I stole it. Still.

A Wix filter is a Wix filter with a Wix label. A NAPA filter is a Wix filter with a NAPA label. Take your pick.

Also check in with your local NAPA store once in a while. They run a filter sale every now and then that amounts to a worthwhile savings. Buy a couple of extra filters. You'll be in good company around here. I have a few extra for my Honda.

By the way, the oil you're using is good stuff and does not need to be compromised by adding Lucas additives.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Lucas is doing nothing but thickening your viscosity and diluting your additives. The engines will go the same mileage without it.

Yes. Lucas is just overly thick base oil without additives. You're just diluting the important stuff with cheap and thick conventional oil.

Wix and NAPA Gold are the same.

With that many miles accrued, I would continue doing the same thing. It is working for you.

Hello, You said, "Newbie here- hate that @#! %** term (rhymes with pay pass) I can't read thru years of topics to find an appropriate thread for this."

You lost me. @#!%** = swear words, I get that. The term you omitted rhymes with pay pass?

If that translates into "common phrase for sexual proclivity different from mine and someone's very upper thighs", then it's an adjective. OK (I think).

So what are you describing? Or what's the connection to an Audi post relevant to WIX/NAPA Gold oil filters?

I'm serious. The real kicker is that yours was the first post so I have no reference at all. Kira

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Lucas is doing nothing but thickening your viscosity and diluting your additives. The engines will go the same mileage without it.

Yes. Lucas is just overly thick base oil without additives. You're just diluting the important stuff with cheap and thick conventional oil.

here is a VOA of Lucas. 6th post.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1976391/1

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
FWIW My local NAPA is doing the filter BOGO sale this Saturday. Not sure if it's a national thing.

I hope this sale is good on the Platinums which are on sale this month!

Got a postcard flyer in the mail, it lists a specific store. Might not be everywhere and might not work with sale items.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3718606/NAPA_filter_BOGO_flyer!#Post3718606

I get discounts about twice a month with my online account with napa.. The platinums are maked down to 10 bucks

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
I get discounts about twice a month with my online account with napa.. The platinums are maked down to 10 bucks

The Wix XP (which is very similar) is much cheaper when purchased in bulk from Rockauto or Fleet Filter.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Bandito440

here is a VOA of Lucas. 6th post.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1976391/1

Yep nothing but a mineral thickener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back