2002 s10 195k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a suggestion for my next oil change. 2.2l 4 cylinder. Truck sees 80mph at 3200rpm for about an hour each day. Last oil change I used Valvoline Conventional.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Pennzoil High Mileage 10w-30/40.

+1. 10W-40 HM in the Georgia heat for prolonged higher RPM's in a well-worn engine

The oil that was used to get it to 195,000 miles. Why change brands? I use VWB 5w30 in my 2005 Chevy Avalanche with 173,000 miles.

Maxlife

Especially since you're already using Valvoline, anyway.

Does your S10 have the OLM? Do you follow it?

One of our suppliers uses the same kind of truck. It only gets maintenance when something breaks. Last month it was a ball joint that sent it and its driver careening into oncoming traffic.

I seriously doubt if it gets its oil changed more than every 15-20k using whatever oil is cheapest and its getting close to 300k.

I say just maintain yours and it will be fine.

My dad's 2000 S10 2.2 Auto - is around the same mileage - Castrol High Mileage or Pennzoil High mileage 5W30 is what I run in his. Doesn't skip a beat. It's a gutless wonder but it runs good.

Originally Posted By: Georgiaboy2109
Looking for a suggestion for my next oil change. 2.2l 4 cylinder. Truck sees 80mph at 3200rpm for about an hour each day. Last oil change I used Valvoline Conventional.

2400 miles per month of mostly highway? Sounds like a real good candidate for Amsoil or M1 and extended OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back