2014 (V6 TURBO ERA ) RESULTS:
Laps: 66
Pole: Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
Fast race lap: 1:28.918
Podium
1. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes
2. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes
3. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull-Renault

For more, please check out my thread on TOV Motorsports.

05_Spain_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

Last edited:
I never thought I would ever say this...but I hope Ferrari can continue to be competitive against Mercedes (Not a Vettel or Ferrari fan, but I am a Kimi fan).

Meanwhile at the back of the grid, hopefully those "upgrades" for McLaren can start showing up with some point finishes.

I absolutely love that circuit. I just wish they never added that chicane thing that replaced the second to last turn. It really broke up some nice flowing driving action.

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
I never thought I would ever say this...but I hope Ferrari can continue to be competitive against Mercedes (Not a Vettel or Ferrari fan, but I am a Kimi fan).

Meanwhile at the back of the grid, hopefully those "upgrades" for McLaren can start showing up with some point finishes.

Agreed on all counts. I would like to see Alonso and Button with a chance at some points. Kimi is coming on lately and may prove to be the better of the two Ferrari drivers.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Kimi is coming on lately and may prove to be the better of the two Ferrari drivers.

I like Kimi, and while he is a good driver, as long as Vettel is around, he'll always be second best. 4 consecutive world championships against 1 in a row proves that if it proves anything.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: wemay
Kimi is coming on lately and may prove to be the better of the two Ferrari drivers.

I like Kimi, and while he is a good driver, as long as Vettel is around, he'll always be second best. 4 consecutive world championships against 1 in a row proves that if it proves anything.

Depends on what you define as "best"

Vettel won 4 championships in easily the best car against a "good" teammate. Much like Schumacher won at least 6 of his 7 championships in the best car against lesser teammates. Both were/are extremely driven to succeed, often at any cost.

I would argue that Kimi is as fast as anyone in F1...when he wants to be. That is the key, Kimi is not a driver that requires championships. He got one, that is good enough. But when he is on his game he is as fast as anyone in F1 right now as the last race proved.

Ultimately I think Vettel will score more points just because of that drive to succeed. Kimi will have flashes of brilliance and might even get a win or two before he retires at the end of 2016 (when Bottas replaces him).

Before the start of the 2014 campaign, who would've thought that Vettel would end up second best to Ricciardo on Redbull...

Depends on what you define as "best".....

Easy. The guy who wins the most races and World Championships.

So you think Schumacher is the best...because almost everyone who have been directly involved in F1 rarely ever even put him in the top 5 drivers.

In any sport, it is rarely the athlete (and yes, F1 drivers are athletes) who tops the record book that are considered the best. F1 is no different.

So you think Schumacher is the best...

Absolutely. When he was at his prime at Ferrari no one could remotely touch him. You will never see another driver in your lifetime win 7 world championships. Not even Vettel. He was one of a kind. A lot of people didn't like him because it is always natural to pick at the top. The fact of the matter is Schumacher was a pure driver. No one was ever remotely like him. Not even Senna. This regardless of who says what. It matters nothing. If there was anyone even close to him, their record would show it. None do. About the only one who has come close is Vettel. And even he won't take away what Schumacher has done. He himself has already admitted to that. To say he wasn't at the top of his game, would be like trying to convince people the 70's Pittsburg Steelers couldn't play football. Total and complete nonsense, nothing more.

So you think Schumacher is the best...

Absolutely. When he was at his prime at Ferrari no one could remotely touch him. You will never see another driver in your lifetime win 7 world championships. Not even Vettel. He was one of a kind. A lot of people didn't like him because it is always natural to pick at the top. The fact of the matter is Schumacher was a pure driver. No one was ever remotely like him. Not even Senna. This regardless of who says what. It matters nothing. If there was anyone even close to him, their record would show it. None do. About the only one who has come close is Vettel. And even he won't take away what Schumacher has done. He himself has already admitted to that. To say he wasn't at the top of his game, would be like trying to convince people the 70's Pittsburg Steelers couldn't play football. Total and complete nonsense, nothing more.

Totally disagree, he had the best car (often by a long shot) and purposely had weak teammates in all but maybe one of his world championships. Numbers do not mean "the best", and pretty much every F1 expert including some very good drivers would say the same thing.

And BTW-if you want to go by actual strike rate Schumacher is #5...better than many but Fangio and Clark are way higher.

And BTW-if you want to go by actual strike rate Schumacher is #5...better than many but Fangio and Clark are way higher.

You can disagree all you want. It changes nothing. Schumacher tops the record books in most every category. No one could top him, or ever did. Or ever will for that matter. All this talk about, "What if Senna had lived?", is just that.... Talk, and nothing more. Schumacher out performed everyone, and did so by a huge margin.

Senna gets sympathy, and is sometimes bumped above Schumacher, because of his unfortunate early death. But at the time of his death, his heart was no longer in the sport. Several people, including the Formula 1 doctor who he was good friends with at the time, and who had advised him to quit because of his attitude about the sport, have admitted to that. So it is pure speculation that he even would have continued on much longer if he had lived. Either way he never would have matched Schumacher's numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Schumacher

"Schumacher is a seven-time Formula One World Champion and is widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time."

Schumacher tops the record books in most every category.

Yep, including being the only driver ever to have been disqualified from a Formula 1 season.

No one could top him, or ever did.

Except Damon Hill. And Jacques Villeneuve. And Sebastian Vettel. And Mika Hakkinnen. And Fernando Alonso. All beat him over a full championship year.

There's no question he was a good driver and much of his talent was in getting the team and the car to work around him. He had seriously questionable sporting ethics though, which came out time and time again.

The lower link ranks Alonso at 3rd, while putting Schumacher at 4th. I think Alonso is an extremely good driver, but no way does he rank anywhere near Schumacher, let alone above him.

you're using Wikipedia as supporting evidence.

Show me any false numbers they have listed?? If you don't like Wikipedia, use whatever source you wish. Much like adding 2+2, you're going to come up with the same numbers each time you do, regardless of how you do it.

I hate these "who is the best ever" discussions. It comes up all the time on NASCAR radio and it is endless argument. Different drivers performance would change depending on the era they raced in. I would love to have seen Schumacher or Senna drive Jim Clark's Lotus competitively. I wonder how good of a driver Lauda, Hunt, or Sir Jackie would be if they had to deal with DRS, or the F-duct, or KERS.

you're using Wikipedia as supporting evidence.

Show me any false numbers they have listed?? If you don't like Wikipedia, use whatever source you wish. Much like adding 2+2, you're going to come up with the same numbers each time you do, regardless of how you do it.

That's great that you're now changing your story, because numbers are not what you quoted from Wikipedia...you quoted this which is an opinion on a website that allows editing of "facts" by anyone with a computer and internet access.

Quote:
"Schumacher is a seven-time Formula One World Champion and is widely regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time."

That's what you defend your Schumacher man crush on, a quote from Wikipedia..
thumbsup2.gif

Well you got me convinced, he is the greatest driver ever (because Wikipedia says so)...not a great skier though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back