Any aFe filter users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on getting one of their Pro dry S filters for the tacoma as I can't use a K&N due to oil on the filter itself will make the MAF sensor act up. Been there done that switched back to foam-like filter.

I have used a K&N on my Cherokee for 15yrs though I wish I looked into aFe's site to see if they had anything for a tacoma yet. Since I just recently found that they do have a panel filter for it I'm ordering one very soon.

Anybody using one on their ride currently?

Look into getting a filter from them for yourself if you do a little researching too.
Throttle response and perhaps better fuel mileage on the interstate will be great for an already great truck. TRD package with 4.11gears!

I have one in my wifes car.
She likes it and I don't buy filters anymore.
It takes a long time to get dirty and its a very quick clean, takes forever for the water to drain from the filter other than that its great.

Its a MagnumFLOW OER Pro DRY S Air Filter.

I use their panel filter in the late spring/summer/fall, since I do not want to get any salt dust in it during the winter, when I use either an Amsoil EaA, or an AC Delco disposable.

I like it, and my only complaint is that the cotton(?) gauze material gets a little fuzzy/hairy outside of the mesh screen retainer, when I brush it during cleaning.

I purchased one before and it was a horrible fit on my vehicle. Haven't tried one since. I could see that the filter was of good quality though if that matters.

I use a panel style on my 14 Si. It fit perfectly, but is smaller in filter area. The stock Filtech goes down deeper into the intake box. Also the Filtech goes in a specific direction, where in the afe it doesn't matter.

Ordered one tonight and I will know by Thursday how great my tacoma will be able to breathe better. Too bad I just don't have a good exhaust on this truck like the flowmaster 50 series delta flow on my cherokee. The XJ has a K&N and can't use that on a tacoma like I stated on first post.

Great throttle response so torque is obviously better. I won't know about my mileage gains too much as I get more accurate mpgs when traveling on the interstate. So in a few weeks I'll post the difference. I have gotten as good as 19.5mpg on the interstate before the switch and that was great for the 3hr trip the route I was going at that time.

Pro Dry S all the way. I used one in my old 92 Civic Hatchback that I recently had stolen.
frown.gif
...but before it left me b/c of said car thief it gave me the best UOAs in air filtration over 5 years of ownership.

Got a new Pro Dry S on the way for my new car, though.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back