Three Filters cut open Purolator and Motorcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry just one picture but nothing but good news to report. From left to right:

Left Purolator L14670 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9. Unknown mileage and oil (a lot of miles) Wavy but no tears.

Center Motorcraft FL820S 1999 Ford E-150 4.6. QSUD 10w-30 6k miles. Looked perfect no waves at all.

Right Purolator Pureone PL25288 2005 Cadillac STS 16 months 7k miles. Valvoline Maxlife 5w-30. Looked perfect no waves or tears. Anti-drainback valve still very flexible.

All in all I was very pleased. ESP with all the Purolator stories lately.

Sorry should have put this in the Oil Filter section..

Last edited:
Good looking Purolators! I'm glad you had "nothing but good news to report". Keep up the good work!
thumbsup2.gif

What's with the media on the left filter? Did you damage it when opening the can? Looks like the media is bent along a line.

Thats purolator they have wavvvvy media.. I hope they are improving it would be nice to have purolator build a quality filter again for around $3.27
IF i see them getting their act together i may trust their products in a couple of years. If not i will continue not using them for my own cars or the engines we rebuild. We are ok with wix it took some getting used to but wix grew on us ..lol

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Thats purolator they have wavvvvy media.. I hope they are improving it would be nice to have purolator build a quality filter again for around $3.27
IF i see them getting their act together i may trust their products in a couple of years. If not i will continue not using them for my own cars or the engines we rebuild. We are ok with wix it took some getting used to but wix grew on us ..lol

And what is wrong with media being slightly wavy? How does it affect the ability for filtration?

Oh yeah I forgot...nothing.

Its not about how a filter looks, but how it performs.

Originally Posted By: jk_636

And what is wrong with media being slightly wavy? How does it affect the ability for filtration?

Oh yeah I forgot...nothing.

Its not about how a filter looks, but how it performs.

What I would like to know is if the media is wavy before use, or if it's a result of use. If it's the latter it is not irrelevant. It means the media is reacting to the oil/application by expanding. That's relevant to me.

i dont know, looks great considering its a 20k OCI. I love my purolators, they are extremely stout.

20K miles?, OP never said any of them had that many miles on 'em.

That MC filter doesnt look too bad, but every one I have ran in my dads truck has pleats at the seem looking like the left filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back