33 hours....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how long it took me to detail this monster of a truck over 3 days time! I worked as a professional detailer for many years but I'm retired now and only take care of my own 3 vehicles these days which is plenty for me to keep up with. Once in a while a good friend asks for my help. This 2005 Dodge Ram is my good friends and it has NEVER been detailed. It has lived a hard and dirty life and had 2 dogs in and out of it for years. I regret that I did not get more "before" pictures but it was full of dog hair, mud, dirt, dust, spilled pop and food and 10 years of funk build up. The door handles to pull the door closed were pure black from grease(he is a mechanic) and the center console and arm rests were black with dirt and grease too..lol
I spent hours with tape and compressed air getting all the hair out. Shampooed it 4 times and scrubbed all the plastic trim to get the embedded dirt out. I had to clean the leather seats several times to get the embedded dirt out. After I had it cleaned and prepped I applied a couple coats of Vinylex to the dash and all trim. Then I clayed and buffed out all the fine scratches and waxed with Ziano. Some areas need a repaint and are to far gone like the rear bumper but most of the trucks paint came out really well.
It was a cloudy day so the paint pictures don't do it justice or pop like it does in person. The 1st pictures is some of the trim on the B pillar. You can see how dirty the trim was(dirty top half vs. cleaned bottom half) and the entire inside was this bad. The 2nd picture is the seat before cleaning and the 3rd picture is the same seat after cleaning. The rest are all after it was finished up:

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Your 10 year old Ram looks better than brand new one in show room.

Thanks! The inside came out better then I thought it would but the paint from the bottom 1/4th of the truck is hammered. You just can tell from these pictures. I told him to Line-X it and call it good. Starting to rust in spots. Still a dam nice truck and one powerful mother F'er! It puts down 500+hp and 900+ft-lbs of tq!!!!

A potato pic of one of the dirty buckets used to clean just to top section of the drivers door!!! Yuck!!!!

Originally Posted By: Neely97
When should I bring my truck over, will you be home tomorrow ?

Nice work Chris .

I'm done detailing for a couple weeks I think....how about the 1st of the month! LOL

Some mean looking clouds in #4; I hope they did not mess up your awesome work
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: iahawk
[censored] of a nice job! That's work to be proud of!

Thanks a lot! Appreciate it and I am proud of the work. Turned out better then I thought it would going into the project.

WOW! I am thoroughly impressed! And the pictures could be used for advertisements. That's absolutely incredible! I think my record longest time on any vehicle was 22 hrs. But, I got paid handsomely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back