Hyundai PSF-3 PS fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the scoop on this for my 2008 Hyundai Accent? I can find PSF-4. Can I substitute Pentosin CHF202 which is what I use in the Genesis Coupe?

Do you have an OM that mentions the correct fluid?

Isnt that Pentosin stuff $$$ though? The stuff for the GF's car was $25 at Oreillys. Your money of course, but if any multi vehicle ATF would work, I would use M1, Maxlife, etc. and save some money.

Last edited:
Yes it says PSF-3 which is not available. There is a PSF-4 from Hyundai now but it's a dealer only item.

So PSF-4 superseded PSF-3?

Looks like you'll be okay to use it seeing how it meets Fords requirements and all you really need is an ATF. I have seen folks use Maxlife in Ford PS systems.
21.gif

*Lol this is similar to the other thread. Others have mentioned using type F as well in Fords.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Pentosin CHF202 is what my other car uses. Do you think that would be OK to use? I would like to get a 5L jug.

If you poke around the Pentosin site, they might list something. They claim compatibility for the 11S with my Infiniti, though I wouldn't mix. I'd do a good flush and fill, of course. I haven't done so, since the specified fluid (Dexron-VI) is cheaper by the gallon than the Pentosin by the litre.
wink.gif

It's definitely a fantastic fluid. Whether or not it's worth the cost (or is even actually suitable) in a Hyundai or an Infiniti is, however, another very good question.

Both my cars are Hyundais and the Gen Coupe came with the CH202. I wonder if I can use something else instead of the CHF202 in the Gen Coupe? Cheapest I've found for the 202 is $65 for 5L.

Yep, it's expensive stuff, but that's actually not a bad price for 5 liters. My supplier has only the 1 L and 5 L sizes, and your quoted price works out cheaper per liter than what I found. Locally, $20 to $25 per liter is expected.

Originally Posted By: salv
Same as SP-3 trans fluid. Any multivehicle import ATF will work fine.

Hey, it's not 1965, or 75, or 85. ATF for PSF is now seldom suitable in most cases. Use what it calls for, especially if under warranty. That doesn't mean you have to use dealer products, just what is compatible.

Some good advice from others on what to use.

I replaced the fluid in our 2003 Santa Fe with regular old PS fluid from the auto parts store. This was about 7 years ago. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back