08 camry 2.0 il4 ps fluid type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This car uses ATF WS in the transmission. any idea what is used in the power steering? I have atf IV and ws It is not stated in the manual or cap.

Typically, Toyota's use Dexron ATF as their power steering fluid! But, I can't answer comfortably, what Toyota may have used as a power steering fluid in other parts of the world!
smile.gif

The T-IV should work fine...I've used it in Toyota PS steering systems without issue. Almost any Dexron or Multi-Vehicle ATF should work..

I have an 08 Toyota (Scion) with the 2.4 and it calls for Dexron ATF. I ended up using Mobil 1 universal ATF in it, that claims to meet Dexron specs.

Thanks, I used dextron and it was good, someone had previously used ws fluid in it. Dextron stinks but I am sure it will be some good stuff.

When I turn the steering to the both end, I can hear some whining sound. Not sure if it was there previously. Read on the net that that is normal because the end of the rack is reached. It that right? It is only at the end of the turn.

Did you jack up the front of the car when you changed the fluid to turn the wheel left and right?

If not, then you have some air in it and it will go away after some miles of driving.

WS is an average/so-so AT fluid and OK in the PS system. Dexron is a litle better. Next time try a synthetic like MaxLife, Mag1, Mobil 1, etc. In your tranny next fluid exchange, try one of those, too, they will last longer w/better performance than WS.

Here is a very good DIY for Toyota PS systems; it is for a Camry. I think a different gen than yours but it is identical for most ALL cars with fluid PS systems. Nice clear write-up:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/107-ca...ice-needed.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back