Did simple highway trip fix my Soobie's troubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been posting about my Forester's chunky idle and power being off a bit. So last weekend our son and I took a day trip totaling 325 miles. Nothing major for sure, but plenty of steady highway cruising with the rpm's @ 3000 for 75mph. For those unfamiliar with Soobs, that's normal highway revs and about 1/2 way into tach range (red line 6500). The EJ253 is smooth as silk there right near the torque peak. Given that the car has been a garage queen 2010 through end of 2014, this was the first highway trip in a long time.

So anyhow, on the way there I was a little annoyed since the cruise ctrl felt weak when it would hit throttle to maintain because used to be able to feel a nice little momentary thrust, but on the trip there it felt kind of soft. However, for the trip home that evening the thrust was back, that little kick you feel when the cruise ctrl blips the throttle back in at the end of descending a light grade, for instance.

Around town this past week, it's been back to it's frisky self again and idle smoother.

I did do an oil change before the trip and dumped the [4700 mile] Kendall GT-1 (sorry no UOA), and put in Motorcraft syn blend and the usual Subaru OEM filter. But I'm thinking maybe an injector was just a little gummed or something and the trip may have cleared it up.

Whatever the case, happy for now.

Well [censored]'s bells, it does look like good stuff. Wish I woulda seen it prior to the trip!

not to be mean, but i couldnt translate what you were complaining about the first two threads let alone this one. some sort of idle computer re-learn that you were attempting yourself? take it to the dealer if your still having trouble.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Well [censored]'s bells, it does look like good stuff. Wish I woulda seen it prior to the trip!

The Redline stuff is excellent I am certain.....But I doubt it does anything that twice as much Techron wouldn't also do.

LoneRanger, where do you buy your fuel? It would probably address your problem if you just used Top Tier fuel,exclusively, at least for awhile. http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog

The Redline stuff is excellent I am certain.....But I doubt it does anything that twice as much Techron wouldn't also do.

LoneRanger, where do you buy your fuel? It would probably address your problem if you just used Top Tier fuel,exclusively, at least for awhile. http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

At Huck's or Thornton's... convenience stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back