M1 HM 5w30, 8000 miles, 1999 Honda Civic EX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went 8,000 miles on this run, which sees mostly highway miles but a good chunk of traffic and some short start/stops (1/4 mile trips) at my campus for work. Oil filter is a Fram Ultra, which I left on and will run for another 8,000 miles.

4ZFVcAo.png

Was going to change the PCV valve on my last change but didn't want to remove the oil filter so it'll get changed the next time I change the oil.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Looks okay. Too bad not more Boron but I think in your older Honda this oil did you well. Do you have mods?

No, completely stock.

Nice run and thanks for the report.

How does the car run at that mileage? Has it seen any major repairs? Auto trans or manual?

My gf had a '97 Cherokee from new and ran it to ~260k. Engine and trans were doing fine but the rockers were rusting out.

I'll have a 10k uoa coming up in a few weeks on the Accord.

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Nice run and thanks for the report.

How does the car run at that mileage? Has it seen any major repairs? Auto trans or manual?

My gf had a '97 Cherokee from new and ran it to ~260k. Engine and trans were doing fine but the rockers were rusting out.

I'll have a 10k uoa coming up in a few weeks on the Accord.

It's an auto and drives the same way it did when I bought it from the original at 100k. Transmission will probably need to go soon but it serves its purpose as a commuter just fine.

Only real trouble it gave me was a head gasket replacement but that was taken care of and it's just normal wear and tear stuff like the A/C unit and radiator.

I just picked that Jeep up a few years back and it doesn't see a lot of use but the UOA/emission numbers look a lot better than the MPG would otherwise lead to believe. It's a gas hog and feels like it needs new shocks but otherwise is fine.

Her Jeep was a 5-manual and she routinely got around 20mpg in mixed driving. Somebody got a great deal because she took very good care of it, save for the paint. She donated it and got a receipt a few weeks later for $500.00. 4wd was working fine when the charity took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back