Aircat 1150

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rotated tires on two of my cars. Man, not loosening lugs by hand is great!
This is the first time i used my new aircat, and i love it. I don't know why i have not had a decent air wrench before. It made taking the tires off a pleasure, and saved a lot of time.

I soon have to do the rear brakes on the Avalanche we'll see how it loosens those bolts, as the front one's were a pain and I needed a propane torch to loosen them by hand. ( Got some aerokroil to try on them too.)

If you do your own work, get an air cat!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have had air tools at home for decades now. I'm perfectly happy with my HF earthquake. Nothing has stopped it yet.

Glad to hear that, i did look at that wrench. It has lots of positive reviews.

I'm not using an inline oiler, i add oil before and after i use it. I have a small angle sander that i do the same with. Unless you use a random orbital sander on a car continuously, do you need and inline oiler for home use?

Btw what oil do most of you use? I have a bottle of marvel tool oil but when that runs out i need more.

Last edited:
It sure is there is no comparison in power, material and build quality. I prefer it over the IR Ti, comparing it to IR is a fair comparison.
The HF fan boys have get their obligatory HF scrap metal post in a thread about a good tool. LOL

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'm not using an inline oiler, i add oil before and after i use it. I have a small angle sander that i do the same with. Unless you use a random orbital sander on a car continuously, do you need and inline oiler for home use?

Btw what oil do most of you use? I have a bottle of marvel tool oil but when that runs out i need more.

I run two air lines one with water filter and oiler for tools and one through just a water filter and air dryer for painting, blow guns, sand blaster and inflating things.
The air only uses high flow balloon fitting and the oil hose uses industrial style so the two cant be mixed up.

If you use the hose for general things like inflating tires and feeding air tools just oil the tools when you use them.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Is it worth the premium over a HF Earthquake? That gun gets a lot of good reviews.

I don't know as i have never used the HF. So i'm not knocking it at all.
I do know the aircat is rated at 1295 lbs of torque in reverse, 1400 blows per minute, free speed 800 rpm. I just wanted the a really good gun for my money.
I had a hard time getting the front calipers bolts off my avalanche and i need to to the rears, I don't want to fight the corroded bolts by hand( and with a torch) again. I wanted the best gun for the money i could get in that size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back