Afternoon detail project..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GF asked if I could give her ride a detail today, just thought I would share some pics of the fruits of my labor
wink.gif
. Its a 2014 Jetta SE TSI, think it has around 7,000 miles on it now. I try to give it a cleaning every 1 month but it usually ends up being every 2. Washed with Blue Coral since I was following up with a wax. After washing and drying I applied Meguiars Ultimate Liquid, I chose this since it is a synthetic product and should hold up better in between sporadic applications vs a carnauba based product. Once the waxing was finished I shot the tires with Meguiars Hot Shine to give them some pop. Moving on the interior...all the plastics were dressed with Meguiars Natural Shine and the v-tex seats with Lexol conditioner. I finished by Windex-ing the inside of the windows. Yeah, I know its just a simple detail...just felt like sharing! Sorry for the [censored] pics.
20150424_1453351_zpsbhu2o5u3.jpg

20150424_1454221_zpswm2m3vvw.jpg

Originally Posted By: Bear
Nice! We had snow the last two days up here in NY
frown.gif
No outdoor car stuff happening here for now.

yeah same here. I'm glad I waxed mine a week ago!

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Nice.

Next time, try this approach for a clay/wax for must faster results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGmCZj-vdXk

Wow, that looks super easy. Do these nano skin clothes really work? Are they just as easy as say..using microfiber to dry your car? Or is there resistance where you keep having to apply force to remove contaminants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back