Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read some older articles from the forum, but nothing new. Is LUCL any good? Will it "clean? Any pros and cons? I've heard Techron is better, but no facts backed it up.

The only thing that works in my Honda Fit that I can feel a performance improvement is adding 2-2.5 Oz. of TC-W3 rated outboard 2T premix oil.

I mean, it REALLY keeps the car purring along.

I used to keep it in old Gumout bottles to add to the gas tank before filling up, but I grew tired of it.

I checked the bottles out at Napa. Is it SOP for Lucas to NOT have a foil seal on their bottles? I skipped purchase due to that.

Originally Posted By: Falken
The only thing that works in my Honda Fit that I can feel a performance improvement is adding 2-2.5 Oz. of TC-W3 rated outboard 2T premix oil.

I mean, it REALLY keeps the car purring along.

I used to keep it in old Gumout bottles to add to the gas tank before filling up, but I grew tired of it.
you didn't give a ratio, and also tcw is meant for low temp operation, like an outboard motor, non tcw may be better.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-oil-91206/

18.gif

I've run Lucas in the past. I'll be one of the folks who can claim that it's one of the few adds that do feel different under operation.

I keep a few old STP fuel injector bottles filled with 2 ounces of Pennzoil TCW-3 cut with a couple ounces of fuel injector cleaner or MMO. My fill-ups usually range from 9-11.5 gallons. I figure the ratio is close enough in that range. Been treating the fuel since Fall of 2012. Last emissions test had phenomenal numbers.

Iv always used MMO since its cheaper. Idk if it works or not but for the price I can easily afford it. I know they sell a gallon of Lucas UCL but I haven't used it in many years. Had a fuel pump go out within days of using it and even tho I know there's a 99.5% chance it had nothing to do with it I haven't used it since.

If you are going to use a UCL use the cheapest name brand that you've heard of. Leave cleaning to the gas and occasional techron/berryman.

Well Lawman I think Techron will out clean Lucas as PEA is in Techron. If you are also dealing with ethanol fuel try gumout w/ regane or better yet gumout all in one. It also has a friction modifier too and I have had awesome luck with it.

I think TC-W3 uses "amines" to degunk a 2T engine.

Shell TC-W3 outboard 2T premix oil is amazing stuff.

The ratio that I learned of on LS1.com was 1 oz. per 5 Gallons, so my Fit I used 2 oz. per fillup. A few times I used 3 oz. just to experiment. Still works great.

Maybe I'll start up the good habit again...

I'm currently using Lucas UCL and I like the stuff, can definitely feel the difference. I have been using TCW3 for the past year and although it also makes my engine run much smoother I can feel a slight performance gain with Lucas over TCW3. Not sure how much cleaning it does but from what I've read in the past it has some decent additives.

TC-W3 Canadian Tire house brand in the gallon jug is absolutely dirt cheap on sale.

It is made by Shell, and it works amazing.

It has no smell either, very clean to work with.

Lucas looks pretty cheap too when bought in jugs.

I just can't shake the Lucas = Snakeoil feeling.

TC-W3 Canadian Tire house brand in the gallon jug is absolutely dirt cheap on sale.

have fun with deposits.

Originally Posted By: zach1900

have fun with deposits.

Obviously clueless.

Tc-w3 doesn't leave deposits. It burn clean.

Perhaps you should attempt to know what your saying before posting. Saves the foot in mouth.

I think TC-W3 uses "amines" to degunk a 2T engine.

Shell TC-W3 outboard 2T premix oil is amazing stuff.

The ratio that I learned of on LS1.com was 1 oz. per 5 Gallons, so my Fit I used 2 oz. per fillup. A few times I used 3 oz. just to experiment. Still works great.

Maybe I'll start up the good habit again...

I'm at 100-1 ratio in my trucks. They've got 100 litre tanks so I add a litre prior to fill up. My high mile trucks have never run so smoothly and with mos2 I get better than EPA mileage on everything I own.
And when using my inspection scope last time I checked my plugs the piston crowns are near spotless.
Cheap,easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back