Bosch Micro Edge wiper blade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with these blades? Firestone has a BOGO sale on wiper blades in May, so I asked them which blades they had.

They quoted me $13.77 to install two Bosch Micro Edge wiper blades (22" and 21") any time this month. I know nothing about these blades, which appear to be two steps below the Icon in the Bosch line. The Trico Ice winter blades I have on are overdue to come off.

Tempting....

I had Icons wear out in 6 months. The best blades I ever had were Napa Vista. Never streaked in the 3 years I had them. Just replaced them because the rubber separated from the blade.

Bosch Icons wear out in 6 months is extremely short. I have Icons on S2000 and E430, both are more than 3 years old and still wipe windshield clean.

I tried the Bosch micro once. They didn't last so well. About the same as Anco. I liked the Valeo 600 series blades. I'm running Trico blades currently. They seem fine so far.

$14 for two blades installed seems a no-brainer. If you don't like them, it's not costing you much. Try them out and tell us your experiences with them.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
I tried the Bosch micro once. They didn't last so well. About the same as Anco. I liked the Valeo 600 series blades. I'm running Trico blades currently. They seem fine so far.

$14 for two blades installed seems a no-brainer. If you don't like them, it's not costing you much. Try them out and tell us your experiences with them.

How long did the 600s last in our Mid-Atlantic/northeast climate/conditions??

I use the micro edge. They perform well for about a year here in the sun before they get toasty. Fair at cleaning bugs off with the right fluid.

I like them, and I only wish we had prices like that regularly here on them.
wink.gif
They're hard enough to find these days as it is.

I ONLY had them once about 12 years ago and they were the Bosch Micro Edge "Excel". I liked them OK and they lasted about 2 years!

For $13.77 for 2 installed, jump on the deal!
smile.gif

I've decided that the $20 OMG 5 YEAR WARRANTY blades and the $5 basic ones each last a little less than a year, at least in my climate. From now on I'll just be getting whatever is cheapest.

Best is a decent wiper replaced more often than an expensive one replaced less often.

Replace them in the spring after you have chewed them up a bit over the winter trying to clear ice/sleet, freezing rain.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Best is a decent wiper replaced more often than an expensive one replaced less often.

Replace them in the spring after you have chewed them up a bit over the winter trying to clear ice/sleet, freezing rain.

This. Totally agree.

Bosch's Micro Edge wipers are probably the best standard-type replacements you can get. They work great but don't last that long.

That said, AutoZone's Duralast blades work surprisingly well as do the cheap Michelin blades you can get a places like Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back